Why all the negativity?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to me the word bashing is used way too much...Comparing A detector and B detector to each other and then saying A or B is superior to other one is not bashing...I see you use all Minelabs if I tell you the XP Deus II has 2 to 4 inch depth advantage over your NOX and a 4 to 6 inch advantage over your EXcall in wet salt sand on gold rings....which is a true statement here on my BEACH...Is that bashing your detector?
There is a such thing as the best......IMO
I have also owned and used Whites, Tesoros, Fishers, Troy, and Nokta as well.

I hit targets with my excal 15 to 20+" deep using the reverse discrimination method so I am already digging as deep as I want to dig and not buying it outperforms excal.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hit targets with my excal 15 to 20+" deep using the reverse discrimination method so I am already digging as deep as I want to dig and not buying it outperforms excal.
That's your right to not buy it outperforms the Excall...but it does ! How do I know? I have tested the two units....There is no VLF made that is deeper on lower conductors (GOLD) in wet salt sand...Thats not my opinion ...That is based on TESTING detectors in the wet salt sand on gold targets...This is where is starts to get muddy...I just told you the new kid on the block outperforms your ole favorite....I am not bashing either...
You are welcome to stop by if your ever up my way and I will give you a quick demo to prove what I am saying is true.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is still just your opinion....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you know Colonel Dan? Ask him long time beach hunter down your way and tester for Kellyco years back...Guess what he is swinging..He is a good guy to talk ......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen your videos.....You did the tests, it is your opinion based on the tests you set up.

Yes I know Dan, I have known him for years and hunted with him as well, we met when I worked for Kellyco. I know he is using the Deus II, but that doesn't change my opinion, just like my disagreeing doesn't change your opinion. An opinion is an opinion....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HOW DOES THAT WORK? 635 ? I get revenue off of views...Which averages around 100 bucks a month..
If I had known that, I would have sucked up a whole lot more.
Rubbing shoulders with the upper crust types.🤣
That's a whole lot of hours, editing, filming, recording the testing.
Not my cup of tea for sure.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen your videos.....You did the tests, it is your opinion based on the tests you set up.

Yes I know Dan, I have known him for years and hunted with him as well, we met when I worked for Kellyco. I know he is using the Deus II, but that doesn't change my opinion, just like my disagreeing doesn't change your opinion. An opinion is an opinion....
Ok ....drop a small gold ring deep in the wet salt sand and detector A goes beep beep and detector B does nothing.....I say Detector A is deeper.....
Your saying that is a opinion....I am saying that is a fact...
One of us is in error...
To each their on..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test is based on how the person sets up each detector for the test. Like I said, I find targets well over 15 inches in the saltwater using my excals in reverse discrimination.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said to each their own...If you believe that your Excall is deeper on the gold that is your right.....
Very easy to disprove though..Takes about 5 minutes..

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give it a few years most them will be swinging a Deus II...

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HOW DOES THAT WORK? 635 ? I get revenue off of views...Which averages around 100 bucks a month..
Cool pond dive video calabash, tried diving in the carribean like twenty years ago and bit my regulator so hard my jaw was sore for a month..thinkin I'll stick to river snorkling for flour gold this summer to beat the heat. Take care.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said to each their own...If you believe that your Excall is deeper on the gold that is your right.....
Very easy to disprove though..Takes about 5 minutes..
You are expecting people to except you have tuned each detector to each unit's maximum performance before the tests.

I have watched your video on comparing excal, nox, and Deus on the beach, you do not show or say how you set the excal up, you only say it is using 13" coil.

Comparison tests can vary greatly depending on the experience and the way a unit is set up by the user.

I bury a gold ring at the beach then tune my excal till it sees the ring, I then hunt in reverse discrimination.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you genuinely mean that or sarcastically? It’s hard to tell on the internet sometimes.
Sincere compliment on trying to defuse things. often had the same thought. And hopefully the conversation will continue in that in that fashion. many of us are on here to learn about more about metal detecting with whatever detector we may have purchased. No doubt there are some looking to make a purchasing decision. Feel sorry for both groups when it turns personal and you have to sort through that to find what you really are after.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people are just below average in many categories of their personalities - socially, morally, etc.

In the dawn of metal detecting most treasure hunters were very smart nerds or history buffs who enjoyed the hobby for 'the right reasons' (intellectual pursuits etc.) but now the hobby is mainstream and everyone is a treasure hunter - so the whole spectrum of society from jocks to crack heads are in on it. It's become an economic competition - youtubers vying for views, faking finds for clicks, etc. Best to just go it alone and avoid most self-described treasure hunters, especially the ones who just do it for the clicks.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are expecting people to except you have tuned each detector to each unit's maximum performance before the tests.

I have watched your video on comparing excal, nox, and Deus on the beach, you do not show or say how you set the excal up, you only say it is using 13" coil.

Comparison tests can vary greatly depending on the experience and the way a unit is set up by the user.

I bury a gold ring at the beach then tune my excal till it sees the ring, I then hunt in reverse discrimination.
Look go hook up with Dan....Bury a small gold ring at depth in wet salt sand till your excall will not hit it....Have Dan run his Deus II over it in Beach sens...FILM IT send it to me on Google Drive I will post it on my channel.....Use the biggest coil you got on the Excall if you want. I am being serious I will post it....We see if my opinion is fact or not....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure appears you do not like people disagreeing with your opinion. Like I have already stated I have and can dig good targets 15-20+" with my excal already.

As long as you do not attack other member's detectors post your reviews, just don't put other members down because of the detectors they are using or because they disagree with your opinions.

jerseybones

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
Look go hook up with Dan....Bury a small gold ring at depth in wet salt sand till your excall will not hit it....Have Dan run his Deus II over it in Beach sens...FILM IT send it to me on Google Drive I will post it on my channel.....Use the biggest coil you got on the Excall if you want. I am being serious I will post it....We see if my opinion is fact or not....
Hey Calabash , love your content keep it up and pay no mind to the Cala-Bashers! How great is it that we have all this info at our fingertips. Why anyone needs to get into a pissing context online baffles me. I don‘t agree with anyone ALL the time but it’s great to have all those opinions and information available so I can make up my own mind . Thanks for being such a character. P.S. Saw your scooter review , good one. FYI I’ve done tons of diving with scooters, in case you didn’t know they make great underwater blower/diggers once you use one for that you won’t want to hand fan ever again, although the scooters do really take a beating . Happy Hunting to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread