OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: Why Yanks hate Brit's!

colorado14ers said:
Dano Sverige said:
Any idea how much Vikings were paid? ;D

3 human skulls a day :tongue3: :laughing9:

The way some of them dress these days i think they still get paid that!! ::)

It's harder to put a body up on a wall than it is plasterboard Shaun. :tongue3:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have a sense of humor and I know this thread was meant to be in jest (at least, I hope it was), but, there seemed to be some rather offensive things said.....both ways. Just for the record, I have a lot of respect and like for the British people. Me mum's a limey and a war bride. My family, on both sides, has sacrificed an enormous amount and can be credited for the kind of lives we enjoy today. Any headbutting about the war is just wrong.

Sports have never been something I could get excited about and, for the life of me, I can't understand what the big deal is about the World's Cup......I would much rather watch the Olympics or, even, have a cold enema, than have to sit through the World's Cup finals or Wimbledon (for the record, I don't watch/follow baseball or football, either). But, that is JMHO. If ever in Britain, I'll be happy to buy you a pint.....come over here and I will fix you some of the best BBQ you'll ever have.

HH and I'll keep my guns, thank you.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sep 12, 2008

Hey Mum, your 13 kids say hi.

Thanks for Pink Floyd, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Beatles, Who, The Housemartins, Bad Company, The Fixx, The Pretenders, Squeeze,
The Beautiful South and on ad nauseam...

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Elwood P. Dowd said:
Hey Mum, your 13 kids say hi.

Thanks for Pink Floyd, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Beatles, Who, The Housemartins, Bad Company, The Fixx, The Pretenders, Squeeze,
The Beautiful South and on ad nauseam...

You forgot the STONES!!!

Elwood P. Dowd

Sep 12, 2008

OK, so the list is incomplete. I am not a huge Stones fan although Beast of Burden and Paint it Black are two of the best songs by any group ever. I also left out Yes, Peter Frampton and Billy Idol. They are great as well. I really only was listing groups that I actually listen to and it seems that most off them are English. A couple are from Scotland and Ireland, but that is almost the same as English...right :o :wink:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Elwood P. Dowd said:
OK, so the list is incomplete. I am not a huge Stones fan although Beast of Burden and Paint it Black are two of the best songs by any group ever. I also left out Yes, Peter Frampton and Billy Idol. They are great as well. I really only was listing groups that I actually listen to and it seems that most off them are English. A couple are from Scotland and Ireland, but that is almost the same as English...right :o :wink:

Just rattling your cage........I don't think there is enough room on this thread to list all of the great entertainers that have come from Limey Land.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other

We really are kidding Roland, you know us Brits have a shall we say a crazy sense of humour. I think to really appreciate the World cup and Wimbeldon, you have to be living here, and as for cricket, I think the Americans think us "barmy" for playing it. They just don't understand how a game can last out for 5 days, with luck. .. :laughing7:... :hello:

U.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tin Nugget said:
Wow, this thread really went sideways! There are no two greater allies than the US and Great Briton and without each other we might both be speaking a different language. Put the petty bickering aside and take a moment to remember it took about 300,000 American lives and 325,000 British lives During WWII to keep us both free. Oh yeah, don't forget the over 60,000 British civilians that died during WWII.

no greater allies, well why does an Australian ware both the Victoria Cross and the Congressional medal of Honour.

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Why why why..is my online life filled with yanks who have the historical knowledge of a pine cone??
Olepossum - As a general rule i'd usually take your statement,rip it to pieces and make you look like the stupid kid in class that everyone throws stones at! Read my last but one post,i'm trying to be nice here,help me out by going away and reading a history book NOT printed in the US! Ok mate? :)

and british versions of what the truth is any better ??? ??? ??? What would you like to start with the Boer ,ww1 or ww2

tinpan

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Valid points , Tinpan . Never met an Aussie I didn't like . Even if I had to fight with him in order to become friends . Never had to look to see if one was keeping up and pulling his weight . :icon_thumright:
Jim

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
@Frankn - Yeah we tend not to spend too much money on our military stuff these days.We worked out it's much cheaper to let you yanks spend it all spend it and do the protecting! :thumbsup:

@Heepie - Nothing wrong with poking fun mate,i'm the first to do it usually. It's just that using the tired same old stereotypical crap makes you seem like the usual tired same old idiots that usually come out with it! :wink:

@Relic - Drake and Morgan (not sure about Avery) were "privateers" not pirates. Piracy was a capital offence,and there's a big difference! (on paper anyway.)
Privateers were employed by all nations,including America in the war of 1812. Infact the last letters of marque allowing privateering were issued to 2 American airships in WWII...for some weird reason!
Stealing Gold and silver from the Spanish,who had just stolen it from elsewhere,isn't stealing,it's just "business"! Like taking it from Jesse James after he robbed a bank..."fair game"!
Hitting the French,Dutch,Portugese and USA, was mainly "economic warfare", cutting off supplies and sinking or capturing the much needed ships carrying them.

At this time 1/3 of all sailors in the british grand fleet were Dutch and Dutch land forces help in large numbers against the french and you sank Dutch ships. ODD :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Slugrusher said:
stefen said:
Dano Sverige said:
Not only do we have Roman hoard's,Viking hoard's,Celtic,Anglo saxon and lots of other hoard's...we now have American Gold hoard's!!!
Ever feel you're digging in the wrong place? :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11572833

What your saying is that the Brit's are hoards :laughing7:

Shawn, The Brits didn't get where they are today by being fair mate...Its because the Yanks kicked some serious a$$ a few years back during colonial days :laughing7:

Ditto. You're where you are because we kicked your rear ends out of here.

Now on a more serious note.

That game of Crickett, wow...that is one way to kill time. What a wild googely?

Yawn ::)

And as for the cricket thing....I think Danno did very well here with his analysis of some of your sports :laughing9:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,328016.0.html

How did you english go at the Commonwealth games :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
Unicorn said:
Isn't there gold in Wales Dano? The Welsh gold is used to make the wedding rings for members of the Royal family. I don't think there are huge deposits though.

U.
There's Gold in a lot of the Rivers in England :P but I doubt you would make a living recovering it :laughing9:...mind you thinking about it now :icon_scratch: I wonder were the Ancient Celts got there Gold for Making those huge Torcs and Gold coins :dontknow:

SS

Got a statue,a massive statue laying some claim to the Welcome Stranger "Found in Cornwell was it "Good at taking the history of other countries .

tinpan

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

tinpan said:
Dano Sverige said:
Why why why..is my online life filled with yanks who have the historical knowledge of a pine cone??
Olepossum - As a general rule i'd usually take your statement,rip it to pieces and make you look like the stupid kid in class that everyone throws stones at! Read my last but one post,i'm trying to be nice here,help me out by going away and reading a history book NOT printed in the US! Ok mate? :)

and british versions of what the truth is any better ??? ??? ??? What would you like to start with the Boer ,ww1 or ww2

tinpan

Take your pick. Your point? :dontknow:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
tinpan said:
Dano Sverige said:

tinpan

ok William of Orange gave up the last power and rights of the King to get the throne. The Act 1783 concerning the governing of british colonies .The British Empire was more like an agreed arrangement with self governing colonies rather than an empire ruled by a King and England.English mostly got involved then they where going to miss out on its share of the pie.Funny how James Cook stuck an English flag in the sand in 1770 but the Dutch ship Botavia had been sitting on the ocean floor since 1622. that is not the only ship found.

tinpan Lords is the home cricket and how many times have won there in the past 75 years :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

tinpan

Elwood P. Dowd

Sep 12, 2008

Unicorn said:
We really are kidding Roland, you know us Brits have a shall we say a crazy sense of humour. I think to really appreciate the World cup and Wimbeldon, you have to be living here, and as for cricket, I think the Americans think us "barmy" for playing it. They just don't understand how a game can last out for 5 days, with luck. .. :laughing7:... :hello:

U.
I stayed in Newcastle Australia for 3 months and tried to play cricket. I had a very difficult time adjusting to the bounce of the ball. When I asked him to throw it like a baseball I nailed it. When I pitched it to them they had a hard time without the bounce. It was pretty funny. I absolutely loved the lawn bowling places. It was like a horseshoe pit is over here.

I think a thread like this could get out of hand. We should spend our time slamming the French. Thanks for the toast. ;D

And since you mentioned your since of humor some of my favorite shows are: Are You Being Served, Faulty Towers, Black Adder, Jeeves...
Lets not even get started on the Holy Grail or the fact that I'm a lumberjack but its OK.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan said:
Dano Sverige said:
tinpan said:
Dano Sverige said:

tinpan

ok William of Orange gave up the last power and rights of the King to get the throne. The Act 1783 concerning the governing of british colonies .The British Empire was more like an agreed arrangement with self governing colonies rather than an empire ruled by a King and England.English mostly got involved then they where going to miss out on its share of the pie.Funny how James Cook stuck an English flag in the sand in 1770 but the Dutch ship Botavia had been sitting on the ocean floor since 1622. that is not the only ship found.

tinpan Lords is the home cricket and how many times have won there in the past 75 years :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

tinpan
If the Duch Botavia ship was sitting on the Ocean floor since 1622, it was there 6 years before it was built :laughing9: bit difficult to put a flag up when you have drowned as well....Dano you should change the thread Title to why doe's Tinpan Hate the Brit's :laughing7:

And I beleive it sank of Beacon Island OFF the Western Coast of Austrailia, after hitting a reef in the year 1629 ;D

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread