wifes going to kill me!

bullshrink

Jan 14, 2012
western mass
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my kids and I headed up to a detecting store about a hour away from my house yesterday. Walked in just to check it out. I looked at a whites v3i and a etrac. I am currently using a mxt and had no intention to upgrade though it was tempting. Then we start talking about the excal ii. After hanging out for about a hour and half and as the store was closing on a whim I grabbed it. They gave me a sand scoop and I told them I wanted a hat for both my kids and I. I cant wait to try it out on land. I know it heavy and made for water but does anyone use it on land? Any tips or advice would be great!
My wife who currently works and is back in school for her master's just gave me a look when I got home! Lol

Upvote 0

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is exactly why Im single again, no jumping through hoops, sending flowers, buying gifts or simply

Good luck w/ the new machine, thats one nice rig.

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
I don't think you'll regret your purchase. Saw a fella detecting below the Coligny public beach access during low tide at Hilton Head Beach yesterday with an Excalibur. He had found some coins and a nice thick sterling link ring from Tiffany & Co. Score something nice like that for the Wifey and I'm sure all will be quickly forgiven.

ks_hunter

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita, KS Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro Tejon & 2 Banditos, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also done the ol' "I bought it for you honey.." That has always ended up bad. She either loves it and I don't get to use it and it just sits there unused or she could care less...lol :P

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the "package" is arriving tomorrow... I suggested that the wife go and watch a movie...mmmwwaaaaa..

Mine may really kill me! Tiger Shark on the way! Will try to intercept package. Since it looks identical to my known about Sand Shark (To MOST women) I will be ok once I can get it assembled! Trouble is where to store them separately?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far "nobody" has noticed the difference between the Infinium and the Ace 350. When I took my friend MD a couple of weeks ago I was asked if my friend had a MD. I said yes, (but not "the new one dear").

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far "nobody" has noticed the difference between the Infinium and the Ace 350. When I took my friend MD a couple of weeks ago I was asked if my friend had a MD. I said yes, (but not "the new one dear").

Wow! No offense but is she by chance legally blind! Lol

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! No offense but is she by chance legally blind! Lol

Only to my 'old man hobbies'. For everything else she has eagle eyes.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez guys, gather your condones together and point out all the unworn shoes she has in the closets.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there is an Idea. I seen where wal mart had tennis shoes on sal for 10.00 a pair. I need to go get her a new pair. Much cheaper that chocolate diamonds. May slip in an extra coil for the MXT.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my kids and I headed up to a detecting store about a hour away from my house yesterday. Walked in just to check it out. I looked at a whites v3i and a etrac. I am currently using a mxt and had no intention to upgrade though it was tempting. Then we start talking about the excal ii. After hanging out for about a hour and half and as the store was closing on a whim I grabbed it. They gave me a sand scoop and I told them I wanted a hat for both my kids and I. I cant wait to try it out on land. I know it heavy and made for water but does anyone use it on land? Any tips or advice would be great!
My wife who currently works and is back in school for her master's just gave me a look when I got home! Lol

One time I was looking for a 4 WD truck and found one advertised in the paper. I showed my wife and she said to call about it and go look at it. I said no because if I liked it, I would probably buy it on the spot. Her response was, well honey you deserve a truck. Well I took her advice and sure enough I loved the truck and bought it on the spot. When I came home with the truck, my wife was mad as a wet hornet. She didn't think I would do that even though I told her I would. My mistake was not taking her with me....it turned out that she didn't like the truck...thought it was ugly and that I paid too much for it. She was probably right on both counts but I loved that truck even though it was a full sized gas hog .....a 1985 chev.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do what I do when I impulse buy a firearm.. I wait until the "financial advisor" aka the wife is asleep or not at home and just add the newly purchased item to the safe and she has no clue....lol. I also have to intercept a package of a new AT Pro that will hopefully arrive this week.. :headbang: That's how I avoid the dreaded Stink Eye..

I bouught a ladder stand one time and hid it behind the seat in my truck until the weekend and then took it to my hunting club. By the time I brought it home, it was so well used that' my wife just thought I had it. For a long time. I did confess my sin though and she forgave me. It was a two man Ladder stand for hunting with my grandson. I can spend money on the kids just not on myself or else I get the dreaded stink eye too.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fixed this problem a long time ago in my house hold. My wife and I have both worked forever till I retired last yr. We had a joint bank account and that's where everything was paid from and deposited to. The guilt thing happened every time either one of us spent what the other thought to be too much on them selves. The fix came in the form of an argument over a bill that didn't get paid on time. I jumped her cause she paid all the bills (bad move) the next thing that happened was the checkbook hit me in the chest and she said then you pay the bills if you think you can do any better. She got her own account, I got mine, we split the responsibilities and now when she or I want something and have our bills covered we buy it. Guilt trip gone. I has worked like this for over twenty years, I think she likes it as much as I. Hunter

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fixed this problem a long time ago in my house hold. My wife and I have both worked forever till I retired last yr. We had a joint bank account and that's where everything was paid from and deposited to. The guilt thing happened every time either one of us spent what the other thought to be too much on them selves. The fix came in the form of an argument over a bill that didn't get paid on time. I jumped her cause she paid all the bills (bad move) the next thing that happened was the checkbook hit me in the chest and she said then you pay the bills if you think you can do any better. She got her own account, I got mine, we split the responsibilities and now when she or I want something and have our bills covered we buy it. Guilt trip gone. I has worked like this for over twenty years, I think she likes it as much as I. Hunter

That's exactly what my wife and I do. If one of us need some help or extras we ask for it. Other wise she pays her part and I pay mine and try to save a little along the way.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In my house we have a joint account, all money goes through there. I handle paying all bills and we don't spend money
On extras. Of she needs or wants something she checks with me because she has no idea what our balance is. This way there is no bounced checks or unpaid bills. I have tried to involve her more in the process but she doesn't want to know. She tends to panic with the responsibility so for us this works exceptionally well.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my house we have a joint account, all money goes through there. I handle paying all bills and we don't spend money
On extras. Of she needs or wants something she checks with me because she has no idea what our balance is. This way there is no bounced checks or unpaid bills. I have tried to involve her more in the process but she doesn't want to know. She tends to panic with the responsibility so for us this works exceptionally well.
Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

My wife is extremely frugal with money and well organized. Before retirement, I traveled extensively in my job so she handled the checkbook and bill paying and continues to do so. If either of us want something we talk about it and then buy it if it makes sense and if we can afford it. This works for us.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife is extremely frugal with money and well organized. Before retirement, I traveled extensively in my job so she handled the checkbook and bill paying and continues to do so. If either of us want something we talk about it and then buy it if it makes sense and if we can afford it. This works for us.
Same as we do it, except it's me handling the details instead of her. You could say I am the nerd and she is the free spirit...LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread