invent4hir
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2017
- Messages
- 2,316
- Reaction score
- 3,897
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i & DFX
- Primary Interest:
- Other
All, I’m posting this artifact for a boy who found it w/ his metal detector near the chimney of a demolished vacation cabin built in the first half of the 20th century. It is ferrous and the arms measure about 3/16” thick. It appears to have been attached at both ends and pivots in the middle. At the one end is a screw. The threads look like it’s a metal screw (but could be to mount to wood).
Before posting I looked at window arm adjusters and chimney flue levers – but didn’t find a close match.
He is eager to know the ID – so what do you think?
Before posting I looked at window arm adjusters and chimney flue levers – but didn’t find a close match.
He is eager to know the ID – so what do you think?







