WINTER ADVENTURES WITH THE E-TRAC

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 3

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure isn't nothing like last winter (mild in comparison), I've only hunted a handful of times this year cause I prefer it to be at least 28 degrees or warmer, I'll probably be out in the woods Wednesday though, good hunting for sure :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure isn't nothing like last winter (mild in comparison), I've only hunted a handful of times this year cause I prefer it to be at least 28 degrees or warmer, I'll probably be out in the woods Wednesday though, good hunting for sure :thumbsup:

We got some warmer temps coming soon and then hopefully we will be done with the snow good luck out there

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonofadigger said:
yeah i couldnt wait any longer even though it was only 20 degrees

20 degrees? Ive been out here all winter in 0 and below.... That's tropical to me :p nice finds well worth the eeeeeh cold

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always nice getting a new toy. Nice hunt.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had fun Extreme Detecting! Enjoyed the video, Thanks.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had fun Extreme Detecting! Enjoyed the video, Thanks.

I was cold wet and had snot running down my face but yeah we had a blast lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cold wet and had snot running down my face but yeah we had a blast lol

BOY!!

What an impressive advertisement for this hobby you must've made on anyone driving by. I bet they would now believe that line, "BOOM BABY!".

(duck and cover!!!!!) LOL

HH!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is HARDCORE detecting....nice job Son....having the Snot running down your nose...been there done that...and its all in good fun.

Its been in the low 20's here in PA...but I think the warm spell you are talking about for the weekend is coming this way as well.....just might hit 40

Nice video...keep swingin man.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOY!!

What an impressive advertisement for this hobby you must've made on anyone driving by. I bet they would now believe that line, "BOOM BABY!".

(duck and cover!!!!!) LOL

HH!

I'm not concerned what Joe public thinks and I might have yelled boom baby if my face wasn't frozen lol

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is HARDCORE detecting....nice job Son....having the Snot running down your nose...been there done that...and its all in good fun.

Its been in the low 20's here in PA...but I think the warm spell you are talking about for the weekend is coming this way as well.....just might hit 40

Nice video...keep swingin man.

Thanks I don't think I'll be doing to many if those kind of hunts only thing I'm gonna find is pneumonia

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not concerned what Joe public thinks and I might have yelled boom baby if my face wasn't frozen lol

Not concerned huh. I bet those bozos on tv think about this hobby in the same light. LOL ;)

I tried the other day but I just can't used to the idea that I cannot just decide to go do regardless of the weather. Not anymore anyway. :( Kinda sucks, but, at least I got more time to go hunting! :)

I wonder how cold is too cold for the fine wires in a coil? Seems like they might break if bumped at some point. :dontknow:

WTG!

HH!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not concerned huh. I bet those bozos on tv think about this hobby in the same light. LOL ;)

I tried the other day but I just can't used to the idea that I cannot just decide to go do regardless of the weather. Not anymore anyway. :( Kinda sucks, but, at least I got more time to go hunting! :)

I wonder how cold is too cold for the fine wires in a coil? Seems like they might break if bumped at some point. :dontknow:

WTG!

HH!

Did you just compare me to the bozos on tv

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you just compare me to the bozos on tv

Nupe, believe it or not, I know you too well. I've watched you on video, remember? LOL

Just seems like they must not care much what people think either, that's all. :)

It's all good!

HH!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nupe, believe it or not, I know you too well. I've watched you on video, remember? LOL

Just seems like they must not care much what people think either, that's all. :)

It's all good!

HH!

Lol just messing with ya man it's all good

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am impressed, braving the cold and finding treasure!
You guys rock!
HH

I'm not sure it's the smartest thing I've done but it sure was fun

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND said:

WTG!

HH!

The storage temps of my x terra 705 is -4f to 149f operating temp is 32 f to 113 f

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keithie6 up in alaska hunts in -45 degree weather so not sure I would think there would be a point where it's to cold

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is way to cold. My machine may work in it, but i will not and that is by choice. I enjoy the outdoors and cold weather but -45 is rediculously cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions