What's new

Wondering what there is to find in Afghanistan on Kandahar Airbase!

gonzo85

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Owensboro KY
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3/ upgrading to a DFX once i get some experiance
So I am currently deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan and I have been walking around and noticing there is alot of river rock and jade in the soil (SAND). I am curious if it is worth shipping a metal detector over here and see whats in the ground. Obviously I am limited to where i can find stuff but I cant seem to find much about minerals and natural resource like gold or silver in this area. Just wanted to get some input and information that might help me out!!!
 
first talk to chain of command, i am sure they really don't want you diggin up uxos, if not you may get in deeeeep water
 
You're there, we're here. The only way to find out is to dig.
luvdux
 
I would suggest looking for lapis jazuli in the streambeds. It's a highly prized gemstone that occurs in Afghanistan. Color is
intense deep blue. Keep this to yourself if you want to keep to bring home. Good luck.
 
I doubt you will find lapis in southern Astan. Prominent up north, though. You want to find treasure? I'd been checking the local bazaar for old english rifles from Panjwaii.... which didn't happen too far from there. Easier treasure would be to get a hold of a bunch of bricks from Tarnak Farms, a few km from KAF. Being that it was Osama's favorite training camp, I have sold half bricks for $40 and that was before he was killed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom