What's new

WOOHOO! scored a gold coin!!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
What a day!!!!!! I had a few chores to do this morning and then had a few minutes to get out with the trusty minelab, and boy what a few minutes! I had been out the evening before and had dug a real interesting ring that is like a minature mosaic, I think its one of the most interesting things I have ever dug. Shortly after that I was hitting an area that I have beat up real hard and was working tight to a tree when I got a very ugly 1904 barber dime, but any silver is good silver :D So this afternoon I decided to hit a spot that had produced alot of older coins for me and work real tight to all the trees there. after about 15 minutes of nothing I got a signal that was cross between a twist off top off a 40 ouncer and an indian head penny. Since I had'nt done alot of digging I decided to give it a shot. I cut my plug and flipped the top over and instantly saw the gold in the hole, my first thought was "its a gold colored twist off top :( I reached in a as I grabbed the object the soil falls off the coin and I see a liberty head and then the hands start shaking! I let out a Yehhhaaaaaa! so loud a young couple that was taking a walk in the park came running thinking I had hurt myself lol. After explaining what had happened and showing off my prize I grabbed the minelab and off to the house I run! This is by far the best coin I have ever dug and I am sure the pics do it no justice as everyone including myself that has seen it agrees that it is flawless and looks as if it just came from the mint. It ends up its a 1899 five dollar gold piece with S mint mark! In this condition I know its gotta be a real winner! I told everyone that this was the year I would find the gold coin and I guess now I finally did it, man I am on cloud nine

HH
Slipperyjack47
 

Attachments

  • mosaic ring.webp
    mosaic ring.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 6,029
  • barber 1.webp
    barber 1.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 5,968
  • barber obverse.webp
    barber obverse.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,946
  • gold coin 1.webp
    gold coin 1.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 5,972
  • gold coin obverse.webp
    gold coin obverse.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 5,996
Upvote 0
Always a shock to see one, & a well earnt gift to yourself ;D
 
congrats on the banner and gold coin !!! :hello:
 
of coutse he had to go home right away --needed to change his pants. :wink:
 
Smashing find, Jack!! :occasion14: What a beauty! Congrats on the Banner and the neat mosaic ring as well. :headbang:

HH
 
WHOO HOO IS RIGHT! I would vote banner but you are already there. You are so right everyone who picks up a detector is hoping to find "GOLD"! Only you did it. Enjoy the warm feeling each time that you look at it and hold it. This is mostly a once in a life time find. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! HHHH
 
Congrats on the BANNER!!! Awesome first gold coin is always banner find. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
That's a beautiful find :o
 
Thanks for putting a Gold touch on the Banner. Looks good up there! HUGE congrats on that coin. Now get back to that site and find another one!!!!!!


TG
 
WooHoo is definitely right :headbang: Congrats on THE BANNER!
Now how are you going to top that find? ;D

Mike
 
So if you were only out for a few minutes...What an hourly that is. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
WOW, You are one lucky dog. :icon_thumright: 8) :icon_thumleft:
 
:hello2: What a find, congrats!
 
That will make your year congrats. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom