Worth the time?

Sure why not. I've done a few old school yards and found silver coins.
Do you have to wait until they close?

Heck yes. Hit the loitering area near the bus loading spot, sidewalks, shade trees, outdoor picnic tables, playgrounds and ball fields. Going to be trashy with gum wrappers and such, but should be worth the effort. Good luck!

We will have a big consolidation coming up next year so we're looking forward to that too. Good luck with yours.

Why wait...go there this weekend and work it hard! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd have been on those schools a long time ago.

YOU BET they are. Anybody tells you they're hunted out is waiting for you to go elsewhere! ╦╦Ç

I can answer that in three words. yes, yes, and YES.

Hopefully in the next week or so I am going to head out there and give one of the old schools a shot.

"I better check it out for you..to see if it’s worth it." Rustygold i am so DISAPPOINTED in you !!! You should have said WE (YOU AND ME) will check it out for THEM :)

Last edited:
"I better check it out for you..to see if it’s worth it." Rustygold i am so DISAPPOINTED in you !!! You should have said WE (YOU AND ME) will check it out for THEM :)

I know, I know! Let’s check it out together. I’ll buy lunch if you bring two of those fabulous horses.

So we have three schools in my area that are going to be consolidated in the next year. All three have been active since the early 1900's. Are these worth digging once they close up?

Where you at in Carolina? You'd likely make many friends here if you told us where you are :)

all the Schools around here are getting makeovers, that mean a lot of dirt piles sitting around. Don't forget to search those piles since it's mostly top soil.

I hit all three last summer ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back