Wow

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
If matters get worse over there in the states then maybe the gov. will have to introduce a half penny as the lowest denomination coin.
Over here in Australia we got rid of copper money a decade ago. We only see it when we go on holidays to poor overseas countries.

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
There are bills introduced into the legislature once in awhile that seek to do away with pennies here, but they usually go nowhere.

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Gee...stopped at a gas station last night....looked down on the ground and found TWO pennies.

I am gonna give Bill Gates a run for his money if this keeps up!
;D

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Soon many of us will be needing every cent that comes our way .
However just don't point your backside in my direction thanks.
A coin made from pure alloy like Aussie coins will have more intrinsic value than the clad USA coins.
When melted down in the future the Aussie alloy will have more defined properties than the clad for the purpose of making tools and machinery.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While relaxing along a favorite river bank a few weeks ago, I found a couple of penny's, then there it was..........
A $20.00 bill, (some party people had lost it).
And it came in real handy. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
If party people lose money like that, it seems to me they are partying a bit too much! ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Before we beat and took apart our old couch (for the trash dump) and I found $1.78 in it! I put it in my RAINY DAY JAR and today it's sunny and windy...oh well! :tongue3:

Oh, also found a DS Game one of my boys LOST in the couch!...so really, I found $35.00 (approx) for the DS Game (Pokemon) and adding the $1.78...dang, I'm rich now!!!

S

seger98

Ahhhh a penny, think of the endless fun you can have with that! :icon_jokercolor:

ark turtle

Nov 2, 2007
pigiron said:
Soon many of us will be needing every cent that comes our way .
However just don't point your backside in my direction thanks.
A coin made from pure alloy like Aussie coins will have more intrinsic value than the clad USA coins.
When melted down in the future the Aussie alloy will have more defined properties than the clad for the purpose of making tools and machinery.

You need to go to the outback,and see if you can find your great grand father, you know the one
that came over with all the other raper, bankrobbers,killers etc.. from England...ha ha ha ha

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you retire to the islands, let me know if you see my no good ex-dog that dug up my coin garden and ran away. You can't miss the rotten little mutt, he will be the only dog with suntan oil. God, I miss that dog!
M >:( nty

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
I have found several pennies lately and a couple of dimes n quarters...
found around 300 pennies in my locker here on the ship someone left ...

also in Seattle last year found a silver ring...I gave that to my g/f's sisters daughter in Peru ...

best walking around find happened in high school ( dark ages 1976) ..found a fishing boat, mtr
and gear on the bank of the mississippi river...you could tell it had floated in there, not anyone in it
because no tracks in the sand and it was not tied up ...
took the boat home, found his wallet and hunting license in the boat and called him...he told me that
the boat had broken loose from where he had it parked and he had to walk 4 miles to a phone..
the next week he and his son came and got it...and that Xmas I got a shotgun and a motor from him..

he was a nice fellow...but I told him he needed to learn how to tie his boat up..laughing...

respects

caz

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find an island for a penny, please [email protected] let me know....I have a couple of extra pennies. Do you want to double your investment? :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread