New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Bobby,

whatever you do, don't, I repeat, don"t go into
"hypernation". That is for the spring and summer.
;)

Now, if you want to hibernate a bit in the winter, get
some research done, good reading, plan for the coming
year.

Or if you have some money and time, yes travel.
No money here so I will hope for some good days
and get out, and read a bit.

have a good un..........

Oops.....hybernation

i will detect all year as long as the ground isnt frozen solid. if it is i might hunt the woodchips, or as sherm already said, research new spots and obtain permission.

Become a relic hunter. The ground in woods doesn't usually freeze. The layer of leaves decays and stays warm. I believe it's called peat.

DM

u find a target, get a long extention cord, hook up a high power hair dryer and get started ;) :D ;D

Bobby, I hunted all winter long last year...except for some of February. As long as the ground isn't frozen and covered with snow, I'm good to go.

I know Seeker and TimmyNY hunt in the winter too. They're from New York.

If you can't go out and hunt, winter is a great time to do research. Winter is also a great time to locate old cellarholes. All the vegetation is gone....they're easier to see during the winter.

Digginman's advice is good, Bobby; head for the woods and relic hunt; and hey, that's where I've found my oldest coins, too.

Plus do research and maybe try coin roll hunting; plus there is always the frozen wood chips, too.

DFIU

Here in Maryland I have been able to hunt year round for the past three years. Last year I hunted during a snow storm. Kept having to clear my display, it was cool and cold. Loved it!

Ed donovan

Bobby,

Winter is the best time time for me...no snakes, mosquitoes, vegetation is down. Don't have to worry about having a heat stroke. Still have to mow grass tho.

;) RR

i hunt the water as long as it isnt frozen...i put on a snow mobile suit and wear chest wadders and all is good but my hands!

Up North the frost can go very deep. Several Years ago, Septic sytems were freezing from lack of snow! Need a least a foot on the ground, temperatures here can be below zero alot. Needless to say ,outdoor activities are restricted to Skiing,snowmobiling,snowshoeing and Skating ( Hockey).
My MDing will be limited to Research. I don't mind- Winter in the North is what you make of it. Kids Love to be out sliding, maybe this Year I'll get them interested in Cross-country Skiing- a favorite activity of ours!!
HH

Here in Michigan I water detect till I can't break the ice to get the coil on the bottom. I used to head to the east coast for some neat saltwater hunting or to the gulf. I count my pennies and separate them according to wheats and others. The "others" get separated into copper and Zinc. Copper is going up in price. Naturally I don't have a life.............. :D

Sandman

I'm fortunate enough to live in So. Fla. and can hunt the ocean year round. Water temp usually doesn't go below 70. ;D

HH 8) surfrat

Research.

When I'm done Researching,

I research My Research.

and Of course Live Through the Members
here at TreasureNet who can Search all year ;)

we don't have snow storms here, so, we don't have that problem....we do, however, have things such as... heat storms. humidity storms. mosquito storms. we even have dry storms. hehe....

humidity storms are the worst, though, at 90% and 100 degrees it kinda sucks. the air is soaked and the ground dry and rock hard...

like yourself we have periods here when it is completely unfavorable and enjoyable to be outside digging holes. i read up on the history of my area and try to hunt down roads that are in really old sections of town. just be creative in occupying yourself with the past that exists today in the present underneath you.

you can use google maps to find and select areas of your interest then set markers to them. then come the warmer days you have a whole arsenal full of new leads you have "dug" up.

i just found the exact location of where my city was started. it only came from reading and talking to a couple of people and turns out i know exactly where it is and have been over there many times andnever knew of its history. All thats left is a very small cemetery and historical marker in the midst of all that my city is.....

NY, i imagine, is a very exciting place to hunt if you research. GOOD luck with that winter, you'll need it.

Coin roll hunting, search grandpa's house, research, or detect in Cabo lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back