What's new

YES! 1st(probably last) HALF DIME 1795

scratcher

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
463
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
By far my best coin today. Decent shape to boot! Found some other cool stuff too- trigger guard, another 41st of Foot officers button-but this blows everything else away.
 

Attachments

  • halfdime 009.webp
    halfdime 009.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 7,142
  • halfdime 017.webp
    halfdime 017.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 7,095
Upvote 0
That is awesome! It also shows that they just don't make coins like they used to. That is in great shape for being over 200 years old.
 
very nice. I can't wait until I get my first silver coin.

Keep hunting..
 
What a beauty :hello2:Dont clean it ......Its awesome.........Well done.....
 
After absorbing all the advise on cleaning/ not cleaning I took the advice of Buckles and soaked it in water and then blotted it with a camel hair brush. This worked very well and removed the remaining dirt without causing any scratches that I could detect under high magnification. I think this one will remain in my possesion for the time-being. Thanks for all the interest and the time spent with the Valentine type id, I really appreciate it.
 
You lucky bas#$#D!
congratulations, thats a holy grail find right there.
 
Once in a lifetime coin.
 
Very Very Nice WTG
 

Attachments

  • Smiley T up.gif
    Smiley T up.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Smiley T up.gif
    Smiley T up.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 317
real nice find . bet that made your day. you will have a hard time topping that one . good job
 
great find. you will have as hard time topping that find. bet that made your week
 
I don't know where you live, but could you be in an old Rendevous site? I have read about them.....happened for a very limited amount of time, and I think that most of them were in the area at the headwaters of several different rivers in the Rockies. Are you anywhere near there? If so, you could be in for the sweetest time of your life.
Can you imagine, thousands of Indians, hundreds of fur traders/trappers, and several traders from the east coast, all with one purpose in mind.....to buy and sell and have a 2 or 3week long party doing it!!! Possibilities stagger the imagination!! If you find that you are in one of those sites, could you remember me, and get back with me about it. I have long dreamed of getting to one of those places......of course, some - perhaps, most - have become towns/cities. But, getting to one rendevous location that has never been hunted, and is not developed, could make for (more) of similar finds of a lifetime.
Good luck at your present location. Keep us posted. hikeinmts
 
Now thats an incredible find

Where are the pics of your other finds?

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes
 
scratcher said:
another 41st of Foot officers button

Show off!!!...... ;D I have yet to find and button......LOL
 
WHOA!! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!! That is so Beautiful!! UNBELIEVEABLE CONDITION!
SUPER EXTRA CONGRATULATIONS!!
That must be worth a lot of bucks!
WOW!!

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom