Attachments

• halfdime 009.JPG
    halfdime 009.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 7,083
  • halfdime 017.JPG
    halfdime 017.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,053
Upvote 0
Absolutely mind-blowing find. The numismatic world is going to be thrilled with this!
Just some numbers I have for you. These don't take into account rare varieties.
VF-20 prices. XF-40 prices.
1984 black book $1900.0 not listed
1995 red book $1350.00 $2200
2006 Coin Prices Annual magazine $2000.00 $4000

For now, I would soak it in mild soap solution for a while and rub any loose dirt away with a soft artist brush. Ultasonics might be the way to go. I cant help to say that if I found it, I would keep it, the price should double in a few more years. I bet you can't sleep waiting to go back and get the others! Huge congratulations to you.

That is one incredible find Scratcher. Awesome!!!!!!!

Kent

Dang. WHAT A FIND! :o :wav:

Many congrats on that silver!

Nana :)

It seems to me that this unbelievable coin is as rare a find here in the U.S. as were the gold Noble and Mary groat dug in the U.K.

Takes the breath away to behold it. After watching the "John Adams" series, Flowing Hair coins and items from the early Federal period hold magic.

THANKS!

That's a beautiful coin! Wow! It is rare to find coins at fur trade sites and that one sure takes the cake. WTG. Couldn't of happened to a better person. Now I would dig even nails at that site, the quarter could be mixed in with one. :D
Dave.

Congrats on the banner! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I only dream of finding coins that old!

Re: YES! 1st(probably last) HALF DIME

seger98 said:
Congratulations, can you say about $2700 or better coin? Atleast that's where I would put it at.. Super find.
Chris

At least 1k. I'm no pro so I would err on the conservative side but my thinking is your probably closer to what a pro would say.

nothing more to say!

scratcher said:
By far my best coin today. Decent shape to boot! Found some other cool stuff too- trigger guard, another 41st of Foot officers button-but this blows everything else away.

WOW!!! Very nice indeed!!! That coin may be better than you think. Did I see a die crack running thru the 7? It would be in your best interest to have that baby attributed and slabbed. You could very-well have a rare die pairing there. WTG!!

Dream find! Grats. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back