Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,
I was able to take advantage of the good weather yesterday, and spend several hours detecting in woods. Aside from a handful of wheaties and about 70 c clad, the highlight of the day was a tombac coat button with a very pretty design

DSC02271.JPG
DSC02274.JPG

That find set the theme for the day...more buttons!

DSC02277.JPG

The button with the anchor motif was very appropriate given the holiday! Looks like it was gilded at some point in its life.
HH

Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi All,
I was able to take advantage of the good weather yesterday, and spend several hours detecting in woods. Aside from a handful of wheaties and about 70 c clad, the highlight of the day was a tombac coat button with a very pretty design

View attachment 2086360 View attachment 2086361

View attachment 2086363
The button with the anchor motif was very appropriate given the holiday! Looks like it was gilded at some point in its life.
HH
It only takes one really nice anything to make the detecting time all that more pleasurable.
Love that button, top self item.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are very nice buttons. That tombac is particularly special given the ornate design and the intact shank. Wish more buttons were tombac. Growing up, did you ever think you would care about buttons 😁 ? Congrats!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

View attachment 2086363
HH
Love the buttons!

OP
OP
Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are very nice buttons. That tombac is particularly special given the ornate design and the intact shank. Wish more buttons were tombac. Growing up, did you ever think you would care about buttons 😁 ? Congrats!
It's a strange thing...to care about things like buttons, shoe buckles, and even ox knobs! Not a bad thing, but a strange thing. As the years have rolled on, I find myself enjoying the relic-side of metal detecting more and more!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a strange thing...to care about things like buttons, shoe buckles, and even ox knobs! Not a bad thing, but a strange thing. As the years have rolled on, I find myself enjoying the relic-side of metal detecting more and more!
Totally agree. Keep ‘‘em coming!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

View attachment 2086363
HH
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread