Jim C.
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2007
- Messages
- 548
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
- #1
Thread Owner
..has a great history. You also know it has been hit to death over the years and it is hard to eek out finds there. I found this cool old bust 10c coin in the 9ct bezel there a couple years back. Its hard to see in the photos but the coin had a layer of what looks like gold plating at one time. That park still has some treasures for the taking but they are few and far between. A great place to go when you have no other spots lined up. I would only dig things that were at least 6 inches down or more. When I first started detecting that place would skunk me on old coins but after some years of experience and knowing my detector the finds started poppin up.
that place is only a stones throw from me, and I have been there a few times but never any old coins. I kept thinking where might Jim not have been, but to no avail. There are some areas of that park that are just loaded with signals, might be a good place to take a sniper coil. thanks for sharing bro, hope business is doing well for ya.







