10th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout April 28 2018

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
and some of the biggest ones too --taffi is of course world famous as was , her dad ... mel fisher sadly never got to meet him

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welp... not sure if good news or bad news...

Looks like we MIGHT have a weather window this coming weekend...got the call this am, and they wanna head out if possible and get the season started early, and hopefully...with a bang!!!

I personally...don't think the forecast is gonna work in our favor, buuuuuuttt....we will see.

That being said...I do have a room reservation at the Pennwood...if I am NOT gonna make it down, I will make it available to someone who could use it. As soon as I know...I'll post it.

ag

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I heard from Jim Wilson this evening that Dr Eugene Lyon WILL be there at about 1000-1030 and staying til somewhere around 3 in the afternoon. He will require the use of a room with air conditioning, if someone can help us out there?
Alex Mirabal is coming in from Mexico. Alex did a lot of work off Cuba back in the day with Exploraciones Subacuáticas, S.A
Burt Webber WILL be attending!

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well we are supposed to have decent weather Friday / Saturday for the cook out ..looks like I will get a cook out shirt in 2 xx for a "padiwan / assisant / trainee " who wants to come but sadly has to work ..

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to pick up Burt Webber in Boca Raton Friday morning. We will stop at the cookout and then he will stay at my house that night. He's going to Orlando Intl. the next day so he will have some luggage with him and he wondered if it would be possible to leave his luggage in somebody's room at the PennWood while we are carousing there... luggage needs to remain at room temperature. Any help there?

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to pick up Burt Webber in Boca Raton Friday morning. We will stop at the cookout and then he will stay at my house that night. He's going to Orlando Intl. the next day so he will have some luggage with him and he wondered if it would be possible to leave his luggage in somebody's room at the PennWood while we are carousing there... luggage needs to remain at room temperature. Any help there?

Do you still plan to demo your software on Friday night at Pennwood Motor Lodge or maybe Saturday at the picnic?

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
No problem!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Long time lurker on the forums. So glad to finally have the time to come down to the festivities. I am a food truck/food vendor owner (The Smoke Junkie). Let me know if you need any consumables or disposables. Part of my branding is buying random labeled items(cheap). So I might show up with napkins from the Raddison and cups from burger king. Cannot carry perishables as I will be in the car. Also I have a surplus of condiments, sauces, plastic wears etc. PM me if you need anything.

Bring it all! What we don't use this year, we can use next year!

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
If any of you need a room, I’m gonna cancel mine. Just not feeling up to coming down early and can’t afford it.

I’ll be down Saturday morning with ice and water.

Let me know before I cancel later today, tks

DL

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ah found a little copper goodie in the coin stores grab bin -- a 1634 louis the 13th double tournois copper coin a bit rough but def ID ible -- it too will be up fer grabs

great news my assistant / trainee / helper.... Justin will be coming along ..it makes things so much easier if I got some help

Last edited:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well....looks like I'm gonne be diving for treasure instead of drinking rum with you pirates....

I wlll NOT be making it down sad to say....I called Virginia at the Pennwood, so she has my room available.

Hope to see you guys next year!!

ag

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I tried hard to make it down this year, I am again going to lose out on a great event and get together. We have suffered too many breakdowns of vehicles and along with other unexpected expenses, it has taken a toll on my finances for such a trip. My hopes were to travel to the Treasure Hunter's Cookout, get to meet and converse with some great folks, possibly get to see some folks I knew when I lived and worked in Florida, then travel to Middle Tennessee to spend some time with Brad (Limitool) and his wife Bonnie and help Brad build Toy Boxes. Even if I could make it to Sebastian, I would not feel comfortable hauling several metal detectors, a rifle, shotgun and a pistol around Florida or Georgia. The reason for having the guns with me is because Brad and myself target shoot some when I visit and we are hoping to do some Spring Gobbler (Turkey) hunting.

Good luck all, be safe and by all means have a great time and down a few for me! Argh me mateys!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I only saw 2 hens during the 1 day of turkey hunting I got in this spring

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread