What's new

1763 Wilver! Im in complete shock tonight.

The Buzzard King

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
643
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
1763 Wilver! I'm in complete shock tonight.

I just beat my oldest coin by 100 years. Previously, my oldest coins were 1863 and 1864. I beat them by a longshot tonight. This is now the oldest coin I've ever dug. A 1763 Spanish 1 Reale? Any info on this coin would be extremely helpful.
I went out at 6pm tonight for a short hunt. I was on my way back to the car, after only finding 1 wheatie in about a hour, when I got a good sounding deep signal. This coin was about 9 inches down. I almost died when I saw the date, and condition.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • Reale 1.webp
    Reale 1.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 5,104
  • reale 2.webp
    reale 2.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 5,026
Upvote 0
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Excellent Find ! The only reason I asked the value, is not necesarily for resale purposes, but maybe you should do an "insurance" type of appraisal?

This just goes to show everyone that "YOU JUST NEVER KNOW" what your gonna dig next !


Now go out there & get that coins buddies ;-)
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Looked it up in my coin book. A Mexico 2 Reales. Priced in 2006 $15VG, $30 F, $75 VF and $125 XF. Congrats!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Incredible find...Congrats!

;) RR
 

Attachments

  • Congratulations0.webp
    Congratulations0.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 4,449
  • Congratulations0.webp
    Congratulations0.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 4,448
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Great coin
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Congrats on that beautiful coin.....WOW!!!

DANGLANGLEY
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Great find I also wonder on the value as I plan on finding one soon
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

I'd be in shock too, such a beautiful coin!! Congrats on a great find!!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

I would say you had an excellent metal detecting day!

It's beautiful!



Congratulations.


Ridley
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Stupendous!! :o :o :o Excellent condition too. Keep digging!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

HOLY M#*%@r F!%$*n S*!T!!!!!!!
HOW CAN YOU NOT BE IN THE HOSPITAL?!?!?!?
that is the find of a century
BANNER IN 3, 2, 1.....BINGO lol
man way to go

if you find another one you let me know and ill give u my mailing adress lol
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Now that is a great find congrats 8) AA
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

BEAUTIFUL COIN WTG
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Awesome find ;D Hopefully I get lucky enough some day to find a coin like this in my area of PA.

Here's Info and a few links on Reales

Mexico (1536-1821)
Mintmark-M or M with small o above. The mint produced the following coin types: Pillar type cob - (1536-1572), shield type cob - (1572-1733), milled pillar - (1732-1771), and milled bust - (1771-1821).

Milled Pillar Type: The fourth type of Spanish colonial silver coin design in the New World. Struck at the Mexico, Santiago (very rare), Lima, Guatemala, Bogotá (very rare) and Potosi mints in the time period of 1732 to 1772 - all with dates.
Design Characteristics: Machine struck on a full-sized round planchet. One side has a pair of pillars with waves separated by two overlapping globes crowned with a single crown. The other side displays a simple crowned shield with the typical lions, castles, and pomegranate but also with the centralized addition of three Fleurs-de-Lis.


http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view.aspx?id=894088

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/cointypes.htm

http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinIntros/Sp-milled.intro.html


Hope this helps
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Wow. You must still be floating on air!

Beautiful!

HH
Nan
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Congrats on the OLD coin! Great pictures too. I would LOVE to find one of those but I doubt there are any here in Michigan. :( Terrific coin.
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Hell ye baby
773903293_6fc70f32c4_o.gif
773903897_7f6e3767f0_o.gif
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

That's' just awesome, enjoy your great find!!!!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

nice indeed --cha ching !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom