What's new

1763 Wilver! Im in complete shock tonight.

The Buzzard King

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
643
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
1763 Wilver! I'm in complete shock tonight.

I just beat my oldest coin by 100 years. Previously, my oldest coins were 1863 and 1864. I beat them by a longshot tonight. This is now the oldest coin I've ever dug. A 1763 Spanish 1 Reale? Any info on this coin would be extremely helpful.
I went out at 6pm tonight for a short hunt. I was on my way back to the car, after only finding 1 wheatie in about a hour, when I got a good sounding deep signal. This coin was about 9 inches down. I almost died when I saw the date, and condition.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • Reale 1.webp
    Reale 1.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 5,104
  • reale 2.webp
    reale 2.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 5,026
Upvote 0
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

What a find. Looks like it just fell out of a pocket yesterday.
Well done. It's got to go the Banner.
Cheers, mike
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Hello BuzzardKing. Big congrats to you for finding that reale. Md'ers over here in CA are finding these types of coins near old mission/adobe sites built by the Spanish in the 1700's. As for finding a reale in your neck of the woods, try going to this website. Read the first few paragraphs about the usage of Spanish silver coins in the colonies. It may help explain why you found one of those coins in your area. It might not be just a fluke.

http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCurrency/CurrencyIntros/IntroValue.html

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

I'm late getting here but I am here....

Buddy,
That is a beauty.
Congrats,
I would say more but it has all pretty much been said.

Great coin .. Great condition.

LOL
OD
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Thats what this hobby is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,009
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,010
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

TBK,

That is completely awesome.

Congratulations,

Rev
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

The Colonial Gods Smiled Down Upon Thee!!!!
Awesome F#$^ing find my man!!! Beautiful silver!! ;)
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Yoweeee!!!! Holy tamoley that just beats the crap out of my 1773 and the condition is supremeo. Go dig dig & digitty dig find its brother!!
Thats the way to beat the heck out of the coppas!! How many Reales do Zoy & Kirk have like that one probably not!! Heh heh

Many happy digs to you & keep it swingin
Rebel man
I'm originally from Pitt. Pa
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock today.

Have you quit staring at it yet? I think I would have that in my hand staring at it for atleast a week...then take a break and eat and go back!! :D Incredible!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

I think I love your coin... ;D

Nickel_B
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

EXCELLENT FIND, AND NICELY RECOVERED, TOO!!!​

kudos.webp​
 

Attachments

  • kudos.webp
    kudos.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,685
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

WOW :o :o :o

Very nice coin!!! I'd hit that spot again...never know what else may be lurking in the depths of the grounds!

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Annmarie
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

Extremely beautiful coin!!!! Congrats bigtime!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

awesome congrats and hh
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

:o :o :o :o You get my first 4 WOWer!
My heart stopped when I saw the pic's. Wife had to get the paddles out and shock me. hehe Did you use a wire brush to clean it up? haha only jokeing Fantastic recovery BK. I can see we don't have to wish you HH. You da man!

Desertfox
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

Good lord that fell off the mint cart, excellent find!
 
Re: OMG. I'm in complete shock tonight.

I have about 500 zincolns dropped within the last three years in so much worse condition than that coin it is unreale :P

I have NEVER seen one that beautiful that was dug..Truly the find of a lifetime!

AWESOME JOB!

~Nash~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom