leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I had a great find, I eyeballed this field a couple of weeks ago and today I hunted it.
Was supposed to hunt with a friend today but he couldn't make it so I had to go it alone. I
was told by a friend over the years they held alot of sporting avents in this field, so of corse
I got excited, I bet I hunted for atleast an hour before I dug up a penny, ten minutes later
got a dime, also found some junk, but alot less than I thought I'd find.Twoards the end of my
hunt I was near where I started, but alittle to one side and bam I get my best signle of the
day 82 on my DFX I dig it up only two inches down, I look and see its a big penny and right
away I hope for an older one, without my cheaters I couldn't see it clearly so I licked my finger
and rubbed it a little and see the sliowet of the capped busted head and 1801, what a find
my best large cent in 15 years of hunting. Just yesterday I quoted on a post about hopeing to
find one and now I own one finally. Hope to find gold tomorrow ha ha.sorry about the pic, I don't have a good camra. IMG_0390.jpgIMG_0390.JPGIMG_0390.JPG

Upvote 11
Hi leprechaun , Thats a nice Draped Bust copper lg. cent , ya may want to take a closer look :icon_scratch: could be an 1804

:skullflag: CMDdawg

Last edited:
No doubt a keeper! Anyone with the name Leprechaun should always have good luck. Do you have any to spare?

I found mine in Calif!!I cant read a date though.Great find!!

Congrats!! That an oldie 4 sure!! It appears to be in great shape, bet it will clean up really well! Love to see a "restored" pic.Best, Erik

Any draped bust is a great find in my book! Congrats! :hello2:

Bet you're glad you rescanned the area where you started--great LC!

AWesome Find,WTG:icon_thumright:that's one off your list,,HH

Older than any coin I have found. Well done!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back