Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go, Quindy and Judie. :)
So yesterday after the storms, my buddies and I went out for a hunt. Seems summer is finally coming to an end and we're ready! The temps were perfect and the soil was as soft as sweet potato pie. Tin foil, nails and 22 shells...make sure and dig 'em. ;) About an hour into our hunt and after digging many of the previous mentioned, I got another low reading on my MXT with a loud tone. Four inches down under the roots of a cedar tree. I dig the hole and see a tiny gold looking, round something or other. My first thought was play money? Nah, not here. Then how about a foreign coin of some sort? Nah..I don't think so. I turn it over and see 1 Dollar. What! No way. I jump up and run to where my buddies are. We look it over, see the date and we all are in shock as to what it is. Oh happy day! That coin waited 155 years for me to find it. I have to wonder who lost such a beautiful coin. Wonder if there's another? lol
D ain't for Denver. ;) Only 4,952 minted and I got one! Woop! I'ma happy gal. :)

IMG_8177.JPG

IMG_8156.JPG

Upvote 94

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, find of a lifetime!

How about some close up pics.

I would hunt that spot to death....GL

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations On the Great Coin..

Those are some small Coins , & likely many lost in their time & your right IMO , you have to dig about everything to find one.

Your only the 2ed person I have ever heard of who dug a Dahlonega Minted Gold Coin.

'I hear that NE Georgia Gold is about as pure as it gets .' ' Tho I know they were only 90% ,as minted'

Davers

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely positively amaizing! Congrats on a lifetime find!

glassrelics

Oct 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
WOW!!! That must have came in real low on the VDI scale. I know a lot of people who would just walk right over that as trash. AWESOME FIND!!

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by gosh a truely significant find. it really is rare that a 1 dollar gold coin pops up. more should be found but with discrimination it might happen more often
than not we pass on digging foil signal. because the coin is so small i would guess a great many were lost. so there should be plenty in the ground to find.
but yours is a low minted number which is even more of a thrill. you rocked it girl congrats!!!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15+ years of digging and I still can't even imagine finding a gold coin, LET ALONE A KEY DATE GOLD COIN OMG OMG Congratulations. Enjoy that thing.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats for your persistence on staying on track to finding such a goodie and of course for digging all that trash, who knows how much of it, had to have been a lots over the years, that yielded up such a fine gold coin !! A just reward and congrats on the Banner also =)

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beautiful 1 dollar gold coin with an ultra rare mint mark!!! I am happy for you!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You SHOULD be happy! Congrats on that most amazing find!!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, ya'll! It took me NINE years to find a gold coin. I'm getting old(er), my back is crap and to bend over gives me heartburn like crazy sometimes, but if I have the opportunity to dig another nine years, you bet I will! haha! I only wish I had started hunting a lot sooner. Who knew this could be so much fun? ;) I love it, and my family knows that when Nana is digging relics, she's happy. :)

IMG_8160.JPG
IMG_8172.JPG

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's beautiful! !!!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A well deserved congratulations, nothing like finding a gold coin and a rare one at that, to put a smile on your face!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread