🥇 BANNER 1875 S 20¢ coin right in my backyard.

ross190

Nov 14, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just went out in my yard for an hour or so and pulled an 1875 S seated liberty 20¢ coin. The pics don't do it justice the details are amazing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

**better pictures on page 2**

Last edited:
Upvote 38
WHEN I WAS A KID - THAT IS COIN I ALWAYS WANTED TO FIND
THEY ARE RARE SUPPOSEDLY CAUSE THE GOVERNMENT (BANKS) GRABBED ALOT OF THEM BACK AND RE-MELTED THEM WHEN THEY DID NOT TAKE OFF
WITH THE PUBLIC

Now that's different! Never seen one of those!

WHEN I WAS A KID - THAT IS COIN I ALWAYS WANTED TO FIND
THEY ARE RARE SUPPOSEDLY CAUSE THE GOVERNMENT (BANKS) GRABBED ALOT OF THEM BACK AND RE-MELTED THEM WHEN THEY DID NOT TAKE OFF
WITH THE PUBLIC

When I first saw the post I was like yea... A 20center... dont see many of them. Then I saw the better pics of it, Thats one sweet damn coin. You will not find many in better condition. Congrats on that.
It belongs up top. My vote is in.

Def a banner vote. Congrats on the amazing coin. Thanks for posting on it! I was very impressed.

Nice Rare type find :thumbsup: Congrats !

I hate to ask , but can you get more Pics :laughing7:

the last ones you posted look like scans from a paper of Magazine.
YES I know Better not an accusation :tongue3:

once we get the Banner fixed above, I would like a Nice clear photograph.
perhaps a colored or Natural Ground backround ? just suggestions
to make it look 3 / 2 dimensional.

Thank You !
& again Nice Find :notworthy:

Last edited:
Nice Rare type find :thumbsup: Congrats !

I hate to ask , but can you get more Pics :laughing7:

the last ones you posted look like scans from a paper of Magazine.
YES I know Better not an accusation :tongue3:

once we get the Banner fixed above, I would like a Nice clear photograph.
perhaps a colored or Natural Ground backround ? just suggestions
to make it look 3 / 2 dimensional.

Thank You !
& again Nice Find :notworthy:

I can certainly give it a whirl. The better pics were taken by my photo expert (11 year old son), using my iphone on a piece of his construction paper.

It's tough getting a picture without major shadows. Any photo experts?

Also, are dug coins worth getting graded? I have looked at a few sites and this coin looks better than 99% of those.

I can certainly give it a whirl. The better pics were taken by my photo expert (11 year old son), using my iphone on a piece of his construction paper.

It's tough getting a picture without major shadows. Any photo experts?

Also, are dug coins worth getting graded? I have looked at a few sites and this coin looks better than 99% of those.

I'm no expert but possibly out side when the sun is shining,
but in a position where the shadows aren't a problem.

I know it's hard especially with Shiny Silver & Camera phones unless you got a Macro option

So far best I can do

image.jpg

Awesome coin! Voted for banner!

Here are pics on red paper. Tried to get angle to make it "3D" , but it seems to wash out the details and color a bit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

that may work. As I said I need to wait now till next week
& administration fixes the Banner

Your pix came out beautiful, I can see the silver luster in the obverse, the reverse has a bit of light shine. Just in case you don't know, take extra special care in handling this coin, especially cleaning it. Micro scratches can take away from the value. If I found a coin like this I would be calling the NGC (use that link I sent you) and getting it graded. They will grade it and slab it in a environmental holder. I just wouldn't tell them it was dug. I'm just a novice at this but I'm sure there are some people on this site that could offer more advise. Again, great find, good pic, and congrats!
Jeff, your such a kill joy, lol haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

That is a very cool find, and one that I've never been able to put my coil over. Actually, I can't remember if I've ever seen one of those posted. Like to see some more detailed pics if you can do that.

That is a very cool find, and one that I've never been able to put my coil over. Actually, I can't remember if I've ever seen one of those posted. Like to see some more detailed pics if you can do that.

Not sure how. Did you see the ones posted on page 2? That is about the best I can do with what I have.

super sweet. not many 20 cent pieces get posted, ever. that's a really rare one to dig. congrats!

awesome find ive never even seen one before

Beautiful condition! You get my vote for banner.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back