What's new

1st lookin at mark twain lake

berti

Full Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
ForumRunner_20140526_115158.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115220.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115241.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115303.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115332.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115356.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115420.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115438.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115458.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115521.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115547.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115628.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115648.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115713.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115734.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115756.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115826.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115850.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115908.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115928.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_115950.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_120010.webp



ForumRunner_20140526_120030.webp
 
Upvote 0
Holy cow. I was fixated on the first piece of pottery and the cordage marks. Then I saw all the tools and points. Most excellent finds and area to hunt! Very unique pieces.
Happy Memorial day!
 
Cool stuff the first 5 photos look European to me I think the white stuff is milk glass.. And the basket weave design looks like its in red wear
 
You got some nice finds. I was wondering on the white also. It does look like a type of glass.
 
My father in law has a cabin on some property and i never thought to walk the creek, its has 3 creeks that T off into a bigger creek. under water cave is really cool in the creek as well. So much stiff there i couldnt pick it all up. Im going to spend a weekend there just lookin here soon.
 
That should be really interesting please share what you find
 
Becarful in that cave. Sometimes there will be a suction of sorts you might not know till you are underwater. You dont want to get sucked into it.
 
I really like that shard. Ive never seen that design before.
 
There's definitely milk glass in one of the first 3-4 pics. Really unsure about the basket-weave pottery. I tend to agree w/ Gator- mostly because I have never, ever seen a pic of a piece like it in any website. I could definitely be wrong. But BOY! you certainly are finding a lot of good artifacts! HH! Yak
 
Thanks rock i dont plan on going in but i plan on scoping out whats in the water. The pottery was maybe 10ft from this part of the creek. Looks like a good hang out for indians lol
 
I thought pottery was common. Or you guys just havent seen any like that. Im guessin im keepin that piece pottery for my collection. I give alot of stuff to my little nephew.
 
Pottery can be common in some places. It's the pattern- the very symmetrical, uniform pattern. That's what I'm noticing. That said, I may simply be exposing my ignorance! Yak
 
I don't think that piece is Native American it looks like basketweave pattern its not cord marked
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom