What's new

4 hr hunt this morning yields a slew of coins, vintage silver ring, and an ? "oldie"

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
4 hr hunt this morning yields a slew of coins, vintage silver ring, and an ? "oldie"

:hello:Hi,

Well, it sure was hot/humid out there this morning, but I managed 4 hrs. as the tide was coming in,
Hunted some wet sand ( where I recovered the vintage silver ring) , but mostly dry sand ( which is where I found the majority of coins).

Here's some pics and also a link to the possible identification of the "MILITAIRES EQUIPEMENT"

clasp / button/ (not sure what it is.)

http://www.reenactor.net/units/151ri/8-une.html ...scroll down to "THE PETIT EQUIPEMENT" to read about the possible ID of this item.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine



DSCF1659.webp

DSCF1661.webp



Prior to cleaning

DSCF1665.webp





After cleaning
DSCF1676.webp




DSCF1681.webp

DSCF1677.webp

DSCF1667.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice digs Lorraine,Really like that ring,and history to boot. Should have been some silver in them coins.
BCNJ
 
nice ring Loraine, does it fit? you had a great dig.
 
nice ring Loraine, does it fit? you had a great dig.

Only on my little finger, mamabear :<(

p.s. I like your avatar.. the colors of the kitten are gorgeous!

Lorraine
 
Very nice clad count Lorraine and the sterling silver ring
is a good looker. Some of the older styles are the best
IMO. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Nice ring - always happier when marked sterling than 925 - they are usually older -WTG:sunny:
 
GREAT RING!! LOVE OLD SILVER!! HEY I GOT A MYSTERY COIN THIS AM AND RIGHT AWAY THOUGHT OF YOU..LOL..GREAT FINDS AGAIN LORRAINE!! WTG :headbang: :occasion14:
 
Love the coin picture and the ring looks art deco. Great finds.
 
Nice!!! like the smile with the coins :) and Awesome ring!
 
Very nice ring find Lorraine.:icon_thumleft:
 
Geeze, Louise....you done it again! WTG! The more you find, the more I'm convinced that I have to talk my husband into moving south! (I'm actually a Florida girl by birth, so it's no stretch for me. He HATES the heat, so I'll have to live vicariously through you.) :laughing7:

Love the ring! Can't help with the ? of the button. You always post interesting displays of your finds. Very enjoyable looking at your pix.

HH,
Anita
 
What a great hunt Lorraine , lots of clad , and a really nice ring to boot !!!!!! Thanks for sharing >> Wow lots of quarters..WTG:headbang:
 
Great coin count and beautiful ring...love the pics.
 
that ring is a beauty Lorraine! I'd be wearing it! I'm not getting out much right now, caring for my sister who is terminally ill. So I'm living vicariously through everyone elses finds. You are doing well!
 
Like your art work in the smilieface! Really like the car! Lovely Ring!
 
You always do such a dreat job on clean up! Great find!
 
Nice looking silver ring find!
 
that is a beauty - the only ones I've found that say "Sterling" are older styles - wonder if they still use the stamp.
 
That's a lot of digging! Good job. I especially like that you found more quarters then pennies. Any day when the quarters outnumber the pennies is a good day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom