What's new

6 Carolus silvers and 3 silver cobs

ultraflight77

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
I took my metal detector to El Salvador when I went there to visit family and found these. A local guy from down the road led me to spot where he had found a old silver coin years ago.He marked the exact location and within 2 hours I recovered 6 spanish carolus silver coins and 3 spanish silver cobs My heart almost stopped a few times recovering these lol Look at the dates! I will be taking my metal detector next time I go for sure!
 

Attachments

  • DSC02990.webp
    DSC02990.webp
    535.3 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS

Its a forum, I've answered every question anyone has asked me, that how people learn, is it not ::)

You tell me the issue with questions on an open forum :laughing7:

I don't need to say 'nice find' to every post, maybe I want answers, maybe you don't - so carry on...
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS

Its a forum, I've answered every question anyone has asked me, that how people learn, is it not ::)

You tell me the issue with questions on an open forum :laughing7:

I don't need to say 'nice find' to every post, maybe I want answers, maybe you don't - so carry on...
Perhaps he doesn't know the reason the coins got there, or why the difference in date range :icon_scratch: I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be coins from different time scales, you and I find them all the time on our sites... Just how it is.

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS

Its a forum, I've answered every question anyone has asked me, that how people learn, is it not ::)

You tell me the issue with questions on an open forum :laughing7:

I don't need to say 'nice find' to every post, maybe I want answers, maybe you don't - so carry on...
Perhaps he doesn't know the reason the coins got there, or why the difference in date range :icon_scratch: I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be coins from different time scales, you and I find them all the time on our sites... Just how it is.

SS

Not all of us have the right reason why anything gets anywhere, but most of us have a theory & that would be fine, its what all Archies thrive on.
Most savvy US detectorist will know the ratio of copper coins to Silver - right? I know you have a clue about how many coppers you need before a silver pops up? So if you found a site that only produced silver, would it not make you think at little?
I think the only answer that makes sense to me (about the other finds which are missing - the artifacts) is a recent loss of a collection - right :dontknow:

I'm surprised IP has not responded to this post, he may know whats going on at this site :thumbsup:
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS

Its a forum, I've answered every question anyone has asked me, that how people learn, is it not ::)

You tell me the issue with questions on an open forum :laughing7:

I don't need to say 'nice find' to every post, maybe I want answers, maybe you don't - so carry on...
Perhaps he doesn't know the reason the coins got there, or why the difference in date range :icon_scratch: I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be coins from different time scales, you and I find them all the time on our sites... Just how it is.

SS

Not all of us have the right reason why anything gets anywhere, but most of us have a theory & that would be fine, its what all Archies thrive on.
Most savvy US detectorist will know the ratio of copper coins to Silver - right? I know you have a clue about how many coppers you need before a silver pops up? So if you found a site that only produced silver, would it not make you think at little?
I think the only answer that makes sense to me (& maybe the finds suspects as well, that's why I asked about the other finds which are missing - the artifacts) is a reason loss of a collection - right :dontknow:

I'm surprised IP has not responded to this post, he may know whats going on at this site :thumbsup:
The poster says he only hunted for 2 hours, perhaps he has just shown the good stuff :dontknow: only he can answer the questions, it would be nice to see if any outher stuff....was found with the coins.

SS
 
I saw some of the other pictures from his hunt. That is the type of area that one can find these things. In the museums (for example David Guzman Museum) down here they have displays from excavations (pictures included) that only show silver coins being found. He might have found a site that had an old house that was knocked down and that was what was hidden in it or under it.

Things are sometimes unexplainable here in El Salvador......believe me I'm a witness to it everyday.....but other then that, the country has many beautiful spots and the people are some of the friendliest that one can have the pleasure of meeting.

****as a side note****I met a person down here that found a cache of 16th/17th century swords (meaning 5 or 6 swords).
 
JP said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight?
Why does he have to explaine :icon_scratch: they are what they are...great finds, and in both posts you only asked questions...not complmented on the find :o

SS

I saw some of the other pictures from his hunt. That is the type of area that one can find these things. In the museums (for example David Guzman Museum) down here they have displays from excavations (pictures included) that only show silver coins being found. He might have found a site that had an old house that was knocked down and that was what was hidden in it or under it.

Things are sometimes unexplainable here in El Salvador......believe me I'm a witness to it everyday.....but other then that, the country has many beautiful spots and the people are some of the friendliest that one can have the pleasure of meeting.

****as a side note****I met a person down here that found a cache of 16th/17th century swords (meaning 5 or 6 swords) and nothing else with them.

so now we are getting somewhere, this is why I asked, I'm trying to get my head around it. Although, not to sure about the house theory, it would need to be pretty old.

What other pictures & what did they show?
 
CRUSADER said:
Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight? Also where there no other objects?
[/quote]
Crusader have you ever heard of a cache? Yeah there were other objects,I found these as well,but did'nt think they were worthy of a banner find :dontknow: I have the silver coins in my possesion and can provide another photo with the coins sitting in front of an object of your choice if you doubt me. :dontknow: :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • DSC03090.webp
    DSC03090.webp
    113.1 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC03091.webp
    DSC03091.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 401
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?
 
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?
 
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
 
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
Maybe they were buried after the oldest dated coin??? Who knows?? Does it really matter to you if they were a cache or not? :dontknow:
There could have been a gathering spot there hundreds of years ago who knows I don't care! I found them and thats all that matters!
 
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS

From Cobbs,to 1974!!!!
 
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS
Thank Silver Searcher! That was my thought on the matter as well :laughing7: Jealousy is the issue here for some casting doubt :icon_scratch:
 
WHOA,Buddy!!!First off,Trust me I am jelous of no man,I have found my fair share of Reals,and other finds that would make any detectorist drool,second where did I "bash",you anywhere?I was simply inquiring to "mystery",the first sighn of a Hoax is the reaction you are giving when questioned.If you want a site that just gives atta boys,and ooo's and ahhh's then there are plenty that will serve you.Here we have a group of very educated and accomplished detectorists that will ask questions
 
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS

From Cobbs,to 1974!!!!
The gap was a question, before the bronze coins were posted. perhaps he is detecting a foot path :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom