What's new

6 Carolus silvers and 3 silver cobs

ultraflight77

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
I took my metal detector to El Salvador when I went there to visit family and found these. A local guy from down the road led me to spot where he had found a old silver coin years ago.He marked the exact location and within 2 hours I recovered 6 spanish carolus silver coins and 3 spanish silver cobs My heart almost stopped a few times recovering these lol Look at the dates! I will be taking my metal detector next time I go for sure!
 

Attachments

  • DSC02990.webp
    DSC02990.webp
    535.3 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
 
Wonderful!
Very good find!
Banner, has my vote!
Historic silver! :icon_king:
Congratulations! :hello2:
 
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
 
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
:dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Perhaps Jeff will answer why :dontknow:

I beleive I voted...but I will again just in case :P
SS
 
WoW!! That's a pocketfull of silver.
 
Excellent finds :icon_thumright: you've got my banner vote
 
Awesome hunt...my banner vote is in.

NJ
 
making my banner vote now!! AWESOME! :headbang:
 
WOWZA!!Thats awesome!!
 
wow all i can say is wow
congrats to you !
 
Amazing find, definitely banner-worthy.

The 1802 looks like a period counterfeit.
 
Incredible finds :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

You have my vote for banner.
 
ultraflight77 said:
artzstuff1 said:
Awsome finds !!! why are these not up on top??????,,,,banner!!!

Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight? Also where there no other objects?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom