What's new

6 Carolus silvers and 3 silver cobs

ultraflight77

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
I took my metal detector to El Salvador when I went there to visit family and found these. A local guy from down the road led me to spot where he had found a old silver coin years ago.He marked the exact location and within 2 hours I recovered 6 spanish carolus silver coins and 3 spanish silver cobs My heart almost stopped a few times recovering these lol Look at the dates! I will be taking my metal detector next time I go for sure!
 

Attachments

  • DSC02990.webp
    DSC02990.webp
    535.3 KB · Views: 1,323
Upvote 0
Can you show us pics of the other sides please? Spanish that is.
 
I know how he found them the old guy pointed the way. he took his detector, ran it over the ground it peeped, he dug, he found. THE END!! Oh Yeah Banner
 
HILL BILLY said:
Can you show us pics of the other sides please? Spanish that is.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03092.webp
    DSC03092.webp
    155.4 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC03093.webp
    DSC03093.webp
    160.8 KB · Views: 356
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS

From Cobbs,to 1974!!!!
The gap was a question, before the bronze coins were posted. perhaps he is detecting a foot path :dontknow:

The silvers "Gap",isnt out of the ord(I have dug that myself)the Bronze/or coppers are what were odd........I rest

Awesome finds bud!!.............and no I dont need to know "where",you found em,I would hope you left nothing!!
 
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
ultraflight77 said:
kuger said:
Dont think Cru,was doubting you had them,rather "how you found them".?
Now you really add to the mystery......why is the copper coins so much newer than the silver,that really doesnt make any sense?

Maybe if you start at the very top and read you can figure that out?
I know theres more,but I will find out on my next trip there...

If you are eluding to the "Cache",theory trust me I know all about them.But show me a cache ever found with such a large gap in dates
What large gap are we refering to :icon_scratch: I see nothing wrong with these coins, and I am wondering what all the questions are about :icon_scratch: and why no banner :icon_scratch:

SS

From Cobbs,to 1974!!!!
The gap was a question, before the bronze coins were posted. perhaps he is detecting a foot path :dontknow:

The silvers "Gap",isnt out of the ord(I have dug that myself)the Bronze/or coppers are what were odd........I rest

Awesome finds bud!!.............and no I dont need to know "where",you found em,I would hope you left nothing!!
 
El Salvador is an old country. It has more history and most settlements from older times than much of the U.S. In Europe it is not uncommon to find artifacts of several different centuries closely together. Why is that difficult to accept in El Salvador? The Spanish carried out salvage operations on many shores. It seems probable this was one such site, based on the quality of the coins present.
 
Tuberale said:
El Salvador is an old country. It has more history and most settlements from older times than much of the U.S. In Europe it is not uncommon to find artifacts of several different centuries closely together. Why is that difficult to accept in El Salvador? The Spanish carried out salvage operations on many shores. It seems probable this was one such site, based on the quality of the coins present.

:thumbsup: Tuberale, you said it better than I did.

Ultraflight has other pictures but I would recommend he not post them because it might give away too much information of where the site is.....That area is full of Spanish colonial sites. The poor farmers in the countryside down here have lots of that stuff that they find. I found a cache of farm tokens from a coffee farm down here....I'm still waiting on silver.
 
Its all good guys....the O.P. and myself are square :thumbsup:
 
ultraflight77 said:
CRUSADER said:
Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight? Also where there no other objects?
Crusader have you ever heard of a cache? Yeah there were other objects,I found these as well,but did'nt think they were worthy of a banner find :dontknow: I have the silver coins in my possesion and can provide another photo with the coins sitting in front of an object of your choice if you doubt me. :dontknow: :dontknow:
[/quote]

I had finished on this post after awaiting your reply, but you have asked me a question & I never fail to reply to anyone's questions :icon_thumright:

'have you ever heard of a cache?' - My reply ::) :laughing9: Serious, none like this, hence the questions ::)

Now those recent coins build to the only logical answer, a recent 'collection' 'cache'.

I know that all those on here that find a site (I couldn't care less which US region) that have cobs & later Spanish Silver which does happen will tell you what the typical spread of coins/artifacts are. You would at least expect a few shoes buckles for example & plenty of flat buttons etc...
 
CRUSADER said:
ultraflight77 said:
CRUSADER said:
Thats what I'm trying to figure out??? I see someone with only 1 of the Carolus coin in the banner find,I found all of these on one outting???!!! :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Thanks for the vote man! :hello:
(I may have voted but the MODs deleted my question)
I had a post deleted because I asked you to explain how these came together being such a large time-frame between the first & last coin. No idea why the MODs deleted it, as I never questioned whether you dug it or not. All I wanted was an explanation from you as to what type of site produces such a range & why they might come together with no copper coins in sight? Also where there no other objects?
Crusader have you ever heard of a cache? Yeah there were other objects,I found these as well,but did'nt think they were worthy of a banner find :dontknow: I have the silver coins in my possesion and can provide another photo with the coins sitting in front of an object of your choice if you doubt me. :dontknow: :dontknow:

I had finished on this post after awaiting your reply, but you have asked me a question & I never fail to reply to anyone's questions :icon_thumright:

'have you ever heard of a cache?' - My reply ::) :laughing9: Serious, none like this, hence the questions ::)

Now those recent coins build to the only logical answer, a recent 'collection' 'cache'.

I know that all those on here that find a site (I couldn't care less which US region) that have cobs & later Spanish Silver which does happen will tell you what the typical spread of coins/artifacts are. You would at least expect a few shoes buckles for example & plenty of flat buttons etc...
[/quote]You are just unreal >:( your ego is only summouted by the size of your mouth ;D all you have done through this entire thread is cast doubt...who the hell do YOU think you are.
 
ultraflight77, its nice to see that the ole pro aint givin you any grief any more. Nice finds..... :icon_thumleft:
 
gleaner1 said:
ultraflight77, its nice to see that the ole pro aint givin you any grief any more. Nice finds..... :icon_thumleft:
Actually these where found using my Tesoro Compadre,but the AT Pro will be traveling there with me next time since it is working up to par. Thanks Gleaner1
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom