That post by you can surely start a war on here!People with $800 machines still buy others all the time looking for something better in their minds,I know,I've been there and still look everytime I see something new.Therefore,I will not give an opinion on which machine you should look for.Try and find a dealer that you can trust and try different machines.allen said:What is the best detector for under $800 ?
I love my ace 250, but I want to upgrade
to a bigger and better machine, any thoughts ?
ironpatch said:you can get one sweet Explorer II set up for under $800.
If the Ace250 can locate dimes at 10" deep, then I now can understand how other detectorists with high-end machines are locating coins at 24" or better.Shambler said:Why would anyone upgrade if they're getting 10" dimes with the ACE250 (IN THE GROUND!)?
There are maybe 5 detectors on the market that can even do that - and two of them are OLD Fisher machines.
ironpatch said:you can get one sweet Explorer II set up for under $800.
That's too big of a step up from the Ace250 for this guy.
fistfulladirt said:If the Ace250 can locate dimes at 10" deep, then I now can understand how other detectorists with high-end machines are locating coins at 24" or better.Shambler said:Why would anyone upgrade if they're getting 10" dimes with the ACE250 (IN THE GROUND!)?
There are maybe 5 detectors on the market that can even do that - and two of them are OLD Fisher machines.
ironpatch said:you can get one sweet Explorer II set up for under $800.
That's too big of a step up from the Ace250 for this guy.
Shambler, are you still running that mouth? Do you never learn? Take a hint buddy and do a Kurt Coblain for us, ok ?Shambler said:Why would anyone upgrade if they're getting 10" dimes with the ACE250 (IN THE GROUND!)?
There are maybe 5 detectors on the market that can even do that - and two of them are OLD Fisher machines.
ironpatch said:you can get one sweet Explorer II set up for under $800.
That's too big of a step up from the Ace250 for this guy.
Shambler said:ironpatch said:you can get one sweet Explorer II set up for under $800.
That's too big of a step up from the Ace250 for this guy.

YELLOW-DINGER-TAMER said:Shambler, are you still running that mouth? Do you never learn? Take a hint buddy and do a Kurt Coblain for us, ok ?
fistfullofdirt said:Allen, I gotta say, I'm sure you could tackle any dirt machine out there. With as much a chance as anyone else!
Shambler, old buddy, old pal, old friend, I thought you was over been jealous of me dude.Shambler said:He'll be detecting silver halves on the ground in China if he tames an Explorer like he did his ACE250, which finds silver dimes at 10" (yet air tests at 6" on max sens). Seriously, you're wasting your time with an Explorer if you've managed that type of performance out of the ACE - buy another ACE. Absolutely ZERO reason to upgrade.
YELLOW-DINGER-TAMER said:Shambler, are you still running that mouth? Do you never learn? Take a hint buddy and do a Kurt Coblain for us, ok ?
I thought for sure it was Kurt COBAIN! Spelling isn't necessary though when you can take electromagnetic devices and double their performance with only a touch of your stubby fingers.
fistfullofdirt said:Allen, I gotta say, I'm sure you could tackle any dirt machine out there. With as much a chance as anyone else!
He does pretty much rock the brains!