What's new

A couple of "What is it" thingys

jgas

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
2,753
Golden Thread
1
Location
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
A couple of "What is it" thingy's

Found these at a 1898 Home. They were all around 5 inches deep. Maybe you can just tell me when this lock was around or who it was made by. It has no markings on it. And how about this brass type thing with a Lady on it. Pretty ornate decoration for what, I do not know. Make a guess please.....

Second, is what looks to be a bottle topper of sorts with a crown on it.

Third, is a token for South Bend Business College. Can't seem to get a date or when this college was around.

Fourth, how can you date an arrowhead??? This was found in a hole that I was digging for a coin target. The target was a piece of aluminum and then this arrowhead was found in the bottom of the hole.

Pics in no particular order....Thanks for any info on any of these items. :thumbsup: jgas
 

Attachments

  • Ed 13.webp
    Ed 13.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 538
  • Ed 9.webp
    Ed 9.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 528
  • Ed 17.webp
    Ed 17.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 535
  • Ed 11.webp
    Ed 11.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 527
  • Ed 12.webp
    Ed 12.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 529
  • Ed 9.webp
    Ed 9.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 519
  • Ed 14.webp
    Ed 14.webp
    28 KB · Views: 520
  • Ed 13.webp
    Ed 13.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Ed 12.webp
    Ed 12.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Ed 11.webp
    Ed 11.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 529
  • Ed 18.webp
    Ed 18.webp
    20 KB · Views: 527
  • Ed 17.webp
    Ed 17.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 527
  • Ed 10.webp
    Ed 10.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 511
  • Ed 20.webp
    Ed 20.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 531
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

RPG said:
lairmo said:
Screw it into a light socket and see what happens...Just kidding.

Let mojjax do it. He could use a new avatar. :D

Hahahahaaaa.....no....don't ever change that Avatar. For me it was like looking into a mirror
in about 1957-1958. Except using a paper clip. I wish I still had that hair......

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

I just dug this one out the closet . It's the same as TiredIrons ebay link . The threads are very similar .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 009 (2).webp
    Picture 009 (2).webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 010.webp
    Picture 010.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

Great IDs on the lock and canteen stopper (and artifact :wink: ). :thumbsup: I have still not found and info on the South Bend Business College. Chipveres, your link doesn't work...might try reposting it. And jgas, if possible, can we get a bottom view picture of the "art nouveau" piece.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

Thanks for the abundant replies. They are most appreciated. Hey Cheyenne, after further cleaning of stopper thing I found some wording on the top edge that states "Schrader's Son". I can only find stuff related to underwater diving equipment. There also appears to be an engraving of a vase on the crown part with "Makers Mark" on it. Maybe that might help our search.

I will still post some pics of the botom and of the Art Nuveou thing as well. Thanks again for all the replies. You guys are quick, I love this site! :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

TiredIron said:
RPG said:
lairmo said:
Screw it into a light socket and see what happens...Just kidding.

Let mojjax do it. He could use a new avatar. :D

Hahahahaaaa.....no....don't ever change that Avatar. For me it was like looking into a mirror
in about 1957-1958. Except using a paper clip. I wish I still had that hair......

TiredIron
i am familar. i stuck a staple in a extention cord when i was little. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

jgas said:
Thanks for the abundant replies. They are most appreciated. Hey Cheyenne, after further cleaning of stopper thing I found some wording on the top edge that states "Schrader's Son". I can only find stuff related to underwater diving equipment. There also appears to be an engraving of a vase on the crown part with "Makers Mark" on it. Maybe that might help our search.

I will still post some pics of the botom and of the Art Nuveou thing as well. Thanks again for all the replies. You guys are quick, I love this site! :thumbsup: jgas
It appears someone else has fouind one. http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/wierd-thing/m-36448/tm.htm

A. SCHRADERS SON, DIVISION OF SCOVILL MANUFACTURING COMPANY INCORPORATED, BROOKLYN, N.Y., http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390063036519
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of "What is it" thingy's

WOW, Thanks for all the great answers to the many whatever's I found guys. I believe you have solved all of them. Thanks for the great sites and pics of the research. Now I am going to use the $5.00 South Bend Business College Token and go back to school. :tongue3: Thanks again all! :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom