What's new

a few mystery items from old farm

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok got some items I need ID'd please ;D

tell me what you think! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • S6303534.webp
    S6303534.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 419
  • S6303535.webp
    S6303535.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 412
  • S6303536.webp
    S6303536.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 426
  • S6303537.webp
    S6303537.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 426
  • S6303540.webp
    S6303540.webp
    34 KB · Views: 409
  • S6303539.webp
    S6303539.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 414
  • S6303538.webp
    S6303538.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 426
Last picture looks like a mould for a Token :dontknow: great looking finds :)

SS
 
Upvote 0
wouldn't the letters be backwards if it was a mold?
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
wouldn't the letters be backwards if it was a mold?
Never thought of that :-\

SS
 
Upvote 0
the crookes piece is a saw inlay manufacturerr's name like the Diston ones we find over here.
 
Upvote 0
You've also found a watch fob, what may be a rosette (need to see back), a springbacked collar button or cuff lin, and a 20th century sleigh bell.
 
Upvote 0
the last picture I believe was on the handle of a woodsaw, seen many of them but not that brand.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
the crookes piece is a saw inaly manufacturerr's name like the Diston ones we find over here.

I agree, saw medallion was my first thought too.

What does the back of the piece with the dog look like?
 
Upvote 0
here it is, Sheffield saw, check out the handle.
 

Attachments

  • saw.webp
    saw.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
johnnyi said:
the crookes piece is a saw inaly manufacturerr's name like the Diston ones we find over here.

I agree, saw medallion was my first thought too.

What does the back of the piece with the dog look like?
 

Attachments

  • S6303541.webp
    S6303541.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0
I'll stick by all my previous i.d.'s, but to explain the fob (it is a fob) , it had a decoration mounted on the front which as broken away. It may have been a composite material, and was probably an indian or something similar.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
the clip item might be for suspenders or garter belt
I agree suspender buckle.
 
Upvote 0
Trader, I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to the fob. Yes, I think I was wrong about "collar clip", and it probably is for suspoenders or garters. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
I'll stick by all my previous i.d.'s, but to explain the fob (it is a fob) , it had a decoration mounted on the front which as broken away. It may have been a composite material, and was probably an indian or something similar.
Does that watch fob shield say BASCOM BROS COLOMBUS * O?
Afterall you are in Ohio.
 
Upvote 0
yes it does say
BASCOM BROS COLUMBUS * O?
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds. I found a similar decorative clip thingy a couple years ago. No one could make a positive ID. Maybe the two together might help.



P1030441-1.jpg


P1030431closeup.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom