What's new

A fishing tool?

TerryC

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
7,855
Reaction score
11,225
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this while fishing at the power company forebay, above the middle fork of the Stanislaus. What is it? My guess, a homemade tool to "pick apart" line knots. Tnx. TTC
 

Attachments

  • DSC00060.webp
    DSC00060.webp
    126 KB · Views: 775
Silver Searcher said:
in persuit of the Monsters...and pay a lot of money for the privilege :o
The UK record for carp was 61lb for a carp nicknamed two tone(now dead)....another crazy thing about carp that I personely couldn't stand, the naming of different fish ::)
SS

Silver Searcher- You should bring your extreme UK style angling to a little impoundment in North Louisiana called Bussy Brake- near Bastrop, LA. It would be a cheap and horrible vacation for any other kind of tourism- but for fishing buffalo unbelieveable. Big mouth buffalo 40-60 pounds are common- LA state record is 70.31 from there- Common carp, LA state record 30lb or so and it's full of them too. Sad thing is- I'm sure these were accidental catches because no one every really Tries to catch one... Seriously- search that out on the net- Out of state fishing License is about $100 or so. PEACE
 
Upvote 0
1more4me said:
Silver Searcher said:
in persuit of the Monsters...and pay a lot of money for the privilege :o
The UK record for carp was 61lb for a carp nicknamed two tone(now dead)....another crazy thing about carp that I personely couldn't stand, the naming of different fish ::)
SS

Silver Searcher- You should bring your extreme UK style angling to a little impoundment in North Louisiana called Bussy Brake- near Bastrop, LA. It would be a cheap and horrible vacation for any other kind of tourism- but for fishing buffalo unbelieveable. Big mouth buffalo 40-60 pounds are common- LA state record is 70.31 from there- Common carp, LA state record 30lb or so and it's full of them too. Sad thing is- I'm sure these were accidental catches because no one every really Tries to catch one... Seriously- search that out on the net- Out of state fishing License is about $100 or so. PEACE
:hello:

Got rid of all my Carp gear 10years ago, takes up to much time here. But I would love to hook into one of them :o There are bigger Commons over here :thumbsup: but I don't have the time I use to now for fishing, and the detecting season is about to kick of for me...so even less time :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
You are absolutely correct S.S.,crazy the difference in attitude toward them here vs. there.Given the millions of $ Bass fishing produces here,anything that threatens that is "taboo".We arent out to "wipe em",out,(that would impossible)just to control there numbers as not many people fish for them.We utilize what we take as well.

I am quite familiar with that picture,you posted.What a fish!!A freind just took one here(U.S.) that was 67 lbs,looks like #2 in the nation??
Most of the Big Carp in the UK are imported fish, but there a few home grown biggies, the potential of Carp on the Continent is massive, UK anglers head for France and Spain in there droves in persuit of the Monsters...and pay a lot of money for the privilege :o

The UK record for carp was 61lb for a carp nicknamed two tone(now dead)....another crazy thing about carp that I personely couldn't stand, the naming of different fish ::)

SS

:laughing7:To each his own I guess?I know they also sell little "after the catch care kits",and its catch and release...some of those fish have been caught hundreds of times!I do like fighting one on a line and pole but I just dont have the patience anymore
Yea me to :-\ I'm chasing a double figure Barbell at the moment, from my local River... the Tees.

SS



I hope you've been working out then mate :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
looks like its seen some heats about 2 inches up?


anyway...... looks like a cake tester. any bakeries around?
 
Upvote 0
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Bugle mouthed bass, rubber lipped rockfish, whatever ya want to call 'em all the same to me. My 10 foot pram is called " El Carpo II " for a reason. Latch onto one of those buglemouthes and they will take ya for a ride. Back in '71 I shot (with a bow) a 63lb. bugle mouth and won a new 12' V-bottom boat, motor, and trailer. It was really fun, when you're standing in their domain. Almost took me for a ride while wading :laughing7:......NGE
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:

laughing is good for you
 
Upvote 0
What amazes me is that people actually need a tool to put a worm on a hook. :icon_scratch:

As for the carp discussion- When I was a kid I used to catch 10-20lb. carp all day long at a local park dam in Fairfax Va., I would sell them to the asians for $5 a pop. Myself , I could never eat one, unless it was a survival thing and I had to.
 
Upvote 0
notgittinenny said:
Bugle mouthed bass, rubber lipped rockfish, whatever ya want to call 'em all the same to me. My 10 foot pram is called " El Carpo II " for a reason. Latch onto one of those buglemouthes and they will take ya for a ride. Back in '71 I shot (with a bow) a 63lb. bugle mouth and won a new 12' V-bottom boat, motor, and trailer. It was really fun, when you're standing in their domain. Almost took me for a ride while wading :laughing7:......NGE

Thats a monster!!My biggest is 43lbs.Our biggest competition out here is the second largest in the U.S.,and back in the 80's would give a brand new Ranger Bass boat.Now its a couple thousand $ and two four wheelers!

Ralphw said:
kuger said:
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:

laughing is good for you

Yes,yes,it is,I am easily amused!!

diggummup said:
What amazes me is that people actually need a tool to put a worm on a hook. :icon_scratch:

As for the carp discussion- When I was a kid I used to catch 10-20lb. carp all day long at a local park dam in Fairfax Va., I would sell them to the asians for $5 a pop. Myself , I could never eat one, unless it was a survival thing and I had to.

I have eaten them out of fresh COLD water and they actually werent bad,but with the Mercury in most of our water ways I dont make a habit of eating bottom feeding fish!!
 
Upvote 0
aa battery said:
kuger said:
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:
you make me sick since yu been here. Time to meet face to face . PUNK

nOT SURE WHAT YOUR ISSUE is,there bud....I am not that far from ya,THOUGH U pay for the gas!!!
 
Upvote 0
try wheaties cereal made up into carp balls for bait -- carp love em here in the states. -- canned corn threaded on a hook works well too.

kuger -- some times folks (like myself) are not guessing but rather they are "agreeing" with a past "correct" guess by others --- and -- at least in my case I will often try to add additionial facts & info about the item / items that some folks MIGHT find interesting ( very clearly you are not in that camp) --

surprize * you are not the only reader of this forum nor the are you the only person who's ideal of whats a "valid" or "proper post" counts --please if my post are "uninteresting" to you -feel free to not read them , I do not and can not make anyone read anything , that I wrote , nor would I want to --read of your own free will or not..- its up to you. --much like the TV --if you do not like whats there --do not watch it. (shut it off)

I only posted this last bitbecause you have "sniped" at my post in the past.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
aa / kuger -- have either of you ever hear of the "ignore button" opition * --it's a wonderful thing --it blocks seeing the others guys postings ? -- try it --does wonders for filtering out " morons" --that way you are not bothered by dolts and life is good again .
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
aa / kuger -- have either of you ever hear of the "ignore button" opition * --it's a wonderful thing --it blocks seeing the others guys postings ? -- try it --does wonders for filtering out " morons" --that way you are not bothered by dolts and life is good again .

Thanks Ivan...I dont have a problem with any one?I am actually wanting to know what his issue is, as I wasnt reffering to him.But I will be darned if I will be threatened.....by anybody.
So AA whats your deal?? :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger most likey AA is feeling that your "sniping" at him * due to making fun of him "for posting about a already IDed item" -- I too post at times on already IDed items and have felt the "bite" of your mocking now and then -- but as I have explained there are reasons why I post -

#1 to show that I agree with the ID of the past poster -

#2 to attempt to add addition info

while I can not speak for AA , some folks do not take being mocked or picked upon well -- I not not care for it much myself but am a bit "thick skinned" so I let stuff pass for the most part or tell folks --if you do not like my post ==don't read em --if you really do not like my stuff theres always the "ignore" option .

AA and kuger ---- its not nice to threaten folks * its a breach of terms of use as well * -- if the two of you can not keep it civil --best to "ignore one another" so as to not get banned for "terms of use" violations -- threating each other is a big T NET no no . -- your freind (to both of you) -- Ivan.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom