What's new

A fishing tool?

TerryC

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
7,855
Reaction score
11,225
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this while fishing at the power company forebay, above the middle fork of the Stanislaus. What is it? My guess, a homemade tool to "pick apart" line knots. Tnx. TTC
 

Attachments

  • DSC00060.webp
    DSC00060.webp
    126 KB · Views: 775
bigcypresshunter said:
As far as the carp: We have them here. I believe they are put into the lakes to eat the weeds or algae. They are huge but they cant reproduce.

As far as the ID: Can we keep guessing even though it has been solved? :tongue3:

....is there a disagreement with the worm threader ID? :dontknow: :help:

Those are called Grass Carp,you are talking about Big Cy.We dont have them here although I wish we did!!Hydrilla is taking over out here.They do need to be controlled though even though they are sterile because they can do too good a job.They are presently doing a Grass Carp removal in parts of Texas
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Hydrilla is taking over out here.They do need to be controlled though even though they are sterile because they can do too good a job.They are presently doing a Grass Carp removal in parts of Texas
Hydrilla is bad. I think manatees will eat it lol.

The Hydrilla was so bad last year I couldnt canoe up the Turner River to one of my favorite hunting spots.
 

Attachments

  • Manatee_Eating_Hydrilla-SPL.webp
    Manatee_Eating_Hydrilla-SPL.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0
kuger said:
bigcypresshunter said:
As far as the carp: We have them here. I believe they are put into the lakes to eat the weeds or algae. They are huge but they cant reproduce.

As far as the ID: Can we keep guessing even though it has been solved? :tongue3:

....is there a disagreement with the worm threader ID? :dontknow: :help:

Those are called Grass Carp,you are talking about Big Cy.We dont have them here although I wish we did!!Hydrilla is taking over out here.They do need to be controlled though even though they are sterile because they can do too good a job.They are presently doing a Grass Carp removal in parts of Texas
Great weed controlers Grass Carp, the Carp in question are the King Carp, fantastic hard fighting fish :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
bigcypresshunter said:
As far as the carp: We have them here. I believe they are put into the lakes to eat the weeds or algae. They are huge but they cant reproduce.

As far as the ID: Can we keep guessing even though it has been solved? :tongue3:

....is there a disagreement with the worm threader ID? :dontknow: :help:

Those are called Grass Carp,you are talking about Big Cy.We dont have them here although I wish we did!!Hydrilla is taking over out here.They do need to be controlled though even though they are sterile because they can do too good a job.They are presently doing a Grass Carp removal in parts of Texas
Great weed controlers Grass Carp, the Carp in question are the King Carp, fantastic hard fighting fish :thumbsup:

SS

They are actually called,"commons",here.I think they are German carp??

Heck yea,Big Cy,I would love to have Manatee's.Cool critter!!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
bigcypresshunter said:
As far as the carp: We have them here. I believe they are put into the lakes to eat the weeds or algae. They are huge but they cant reproduce.

As far as the ID: Can we keep guessing even though it has been solved? :tongue3:

....is there a disagreement with the worm threader ID? :dontknow: :help:

Those are called Grass Carp,you are talking about Big Cy.We dont have them here although I wish we did!!Hydrilla is taking over out here.They do need to be controlled though even though they are sterile because they can do too good a job.They are presently doing a Grass Carp removal in parts of Texas
Great weed controlers Grass Carp, the Carp in question are the King Carp, fantastic hard fighting fish :thumbsup:

SS

They are actually called,"commons",here.I think they are German carp??

Heck yea,Big Cy,I would love to have Manatee's.Cool critter!!
We have a few types of King Carp here...Common and Mirror, leather (no scales) and the much smaller Crucian Carp along with the grass carp.This lack of scales is widely believed to have been bred in by monks in order to make the fish easier to prepare for the table.The name "Mirror Carp" originates from their scales' resemblance to mirrors. The difference between mirror and common carp is both genetic and visual - biologically they are similar.
The mirror carp was the first mutation of common carp, owing to two alternative genes, the S allele and the N allele. Common carp have an even, regular scale pattern, whereas mirrors have irregular and patchy scaling, making many fish unique and possible to identify individual fish by sight, leading to most carp in the UK over 40 lb being nicknamed.
The current world record (as of November 2010) stands at 99lb (45kg), caught from Luke Moffat's Les Graviers near to Dijon in France.
I have shown a typical Carp Fishing 3 rod set up :thumbsup:

SS
 

Attachments

  • imagesCA26U6WL.webp
    imagesCA26U6WL.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 250
  • imagesCA1QB292.webp
    imagesCA1QB292.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 257
  • vogeltje.webp
    vogeltje.webp
    171.9 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Great info S.S..We have mirrors and Leathers North of here,but in 20 years of bowfishing,I have never seen one here.We do get some big Koi,(we dont shoot them)they are a beautiful fish!!The grass carp get huge too,an 80 lber is not uncommon.The Silver/Bighead carp are taking over back east,this is really tragic!!

Thats a serious fishing set up right there!!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
ivan salis said:
PM received --we're cool -- Ivan

ralphw --since thats not meant for me --we're cool too --Ivan

I like to be freindly with folks --really I do.

as far as the brits go --thats one big carp -- their pest fish here in the USA but fun to catch when their big.

x2!!I agree on ALL counts!!

Again sorry Ralph

AA,dont know what your prob. is,but you are only an hour away :thumbsup:
sorry i wuz being an AZZ :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
aa battery said:
kuger said:
ivan salis said:
PM received --we're cool -- Ivan

ralphw --since thats not meant for me --we're cool too --Ivan

I like to be freindly with folks --really I do.

as far as the brits go --thats one big carp -- their pest fish here in the USA but fun to catch when their big.

x2!!I agree on ALL counts!!

Again sorry Ralph

AA,dont know what your prob. is,but you are only an hour away :thumbsup:
sorry i wuz being an AZZ :dontknow:

All good bud,we all have those days!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
great a happy ending -- everyone all freinds again :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
great a happy ending -- everyone all freinds again :icon_thumright:

Hey genius... with the 153 IQ...it's friends :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
HILL BILLY said:
ivan salis said:
great a happy ending -- everyone all freinds again :icon_thumright:

Hey genius... with the 153 IQ...it's friends :laughing9:

:laughing7: ;D
:laughing9:

Let's all go Carp fishing :headbang:....no Bows though :laughing7:

SS

ah,shux,I am out then!! :laughing7:
Honestly....my daughter wants to try and catch some on a rod and reel,so tomorrow,gonna give it a whirl.They average 10-15 lbs here
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
HILL BILLY said:
ivan salis said:
great a happy ending -- everyone all freinds again :icon_thumright:

Hey genius... with the 153 IQ...it's friends :laughing9:

:laughing7: ;D
:laughing9:

Let's all go Carp fishing :headbang:....no Bows though :laughing7:

SS

ah,shux,I am out then!! :laughing7:
Honestly....my daughter wants to try and catch some on a rod and reel,so tomorrow,gonna give it a whirl.They average 10-15 lbs here
Try a pedigree chum mixer, you proberbly never heard of it :laughing9: but they work fantastic, A chum mixer is what you add to dog food, they float, carp love um,or even floating Bread(caught my biggest on Bread) best way to catch carp...off the top :thumbsup:

SS

SS
 

Attachments

  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Thanks bud,I will try that!!!I was gonna give the corn a try
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Thanks bud,I will try that!!!I was gonna give the corn a try
Yep corn fantastic for carp :thumbsup: you can get artificial corn here now :o I used to use it poped up off the bottom, on a hair rig.

SS
 

Attachments

  • maizepic.webp
    maizepic.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
awesome!!Thanks....maybe we have a chance now!LOL! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
awesome!!Thanks....maybe we have a chance now!LOL! :thumbsup:
I posted a thought in general discussion about starting a fishing thread on T.Net, only recieved three replies :dontknow: yet I know there are a lot of fisherman on T.Net :icon_scratch:
It thought it would be a great thread to swop idea's and fishing methods, and tackle :dontknow: and also show some of the fish that we catch.

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom