What's new

A fishing tool?

TerryC

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
7,855
Reaction score
11,225
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this while fishing at the power company forebay, above the middle fork of the Stanislaus. What is it? My guess, a homemade tool to "pick apart" line knots. Tnx. TTC
 

Attachments

  • DSC00060.webp
    DSC00060.webp
    126 KB · Views: 775
aa battery said:
kuger said:
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:
you make me sick since yu been here. Time to meet face to face . PUNK


TY
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
kuger most likey AA is feeling that your "sniping" at him * due to making fun of him "for posting about a already IDed item" -- I too post at times on already IDed items and have felt the "bite" of your mocking now and then -- but as I have explained there are reasons why I post -

#1 to show that I agree with the ID of the past poster -

#2 to attempt to add addition info

while I can not speak for AA , some folks do not take being mocked or picked upon well -- I not not care for it much myself but am a bit "thick skinned" so I let stuff pass for the most part or tell folks --if you do not like my post ==don't read em --if you really do not like my stuff theres always the "ignore" option .

Please show me where I mocked him??He is the one that Ided it!!!I wasnt intending to mock anybody,but was reffering to the other two posters that seemed to ignore that the item had already been ided by AA!!!I am sorry if I have ever offended you,I assure you that has never been my intent.I wish I had nothing more to be concerned about in life than how somebody worded something on a forum!!WoW!!
 
Upvote 0
Ralphw said:
aa battery said:
kuger said:
always cracks me up that people still guess at something that has already been positively I.D.ed :laughing7:
you make me sick since yu been here. Time to meet face to face . PUNK


TY

:icon_scratch:

Maybe you can tell me,why if the item was already i.ded you feel it necessary to keep guessing???Not that it matters,but I also find it amazing,that someone takes offence to the simple fact I stated I found it amusing.BIG DEAL!If you want to get picky,I feel it is disrespectful to the person that researched an item and IDED it!!Like mocking them?
 
Upvote 0
maybe its an a---- detector? :thumbsup: lmao I'm easily ammused myself
 
Upvote 0
a fair bit back -- i posted on a item a ID and some other info --I forget which exact item it was *

there was a ID before mine -- I posted basically the same ID and a bit more info -- you posted about how you disliked "copy cat" id's as the 3 rd post --since there was only 3 post on the thread at the time -- mine had to be the "copy cat" ID ( mine was the second post-- the ID was the first post ) -- I explained then as I have now --why --I posted --#1 to "agree" with the Id and #2 to provide additional info about the item .

I let it slide at the time not saying much about it ( figgered you did not know why I posted , and thus I could understand your "why is he posting when its already been ID?" thought process-- i figgered explain why I did it might change your point of veiw a bit ) -- its possible that this is what caused the uproar --folks do not like thinking their being "mocked or made fun of" --being thought of a "copy cat" ID posters --it could PO some folks badly)

if the item has been IDed the second poster that post the same ID is just "agreeing" with the first correct posters ID -- the post are time and date stamped you who IDed it -"correctly first" is provible beyond doubt -- art times -- things have got the green check in error (falsely ID by mistake ) and folks say ops that not this , but rather its that --having others agree is a boost to the fact its a correct ID * -- at times there addational info about the item that coukld be useful or interesting posted in the later posdtings as well.
 
Upvote 0
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
a fair bit back -- i posted on a item a ID and some other info --I forget which exact item it was *

there was a ID before mine -- I posted basically the same ID and a bit more info -- you posted about how you disliked "copy cat" id's as the 3 rd post --since there was only 3 post on the thread at the time -- mine had to be the "copy cat" ID ( mine was the second post-- the ID was the first post ) -- I explained then as I have now --why --I posted --#1 to "agree" with the Id and #2 to provide additional info about the item .

I let it slide at the time not saying much about it ( figgered you did not know why I posted , and thus I could understand your "why is he posting when its already been ID?" thought process-- i figgered explain why I did it might change your point of veiw a bit ) -- its possible that this is what caused the uproar --folks do not like thinking their being "mocked or made fun of" --being thought of a "copy cat" ID posters --it could PO some folks badly)

Well,I dont recall that,and as I said,I apologize.Since we are talking about "issues",I think I have done my fair share of I.Ding things on here as well,and I dont see it as a competition,but often I feel after I have spent the time to Id something,I have either been totally ignored or "even","mocked".
Often times people take things the wrong way as we cant read ones intent.Its hard to see where someone is coming from behind a key board
 
Upvote 0
Ralphw said:
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
and it looks like you are it!!!Damn dude I AM SORRY!!I cant find amusement!Maybe I was talking about the other poster!!Heck AA thinks I was talking about him!!People come on!
The "how long I been here remark",was the fact AA said "since you been here".....jeeze!!I have been here longer than him,and I know for damn sure I have contributed more VALUABLE info than both of you!!PLEASE PUT ME ON YOU IGNORE LIST!!!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
and it looks like you are it!!!Damn dude I AM SORRY!!I cant find amusement!Maybe I was talking about the other poster!!Heck AA thinks I was talking about him!!People come on!
The "how long I been here remark",was the fact AA said "since you been here".....jeeze!!I have been here longer than him,and I know for damn sure I have contributed more VALUABLE info than both of you!!PLEASE PUT ME ON YOU IGNORE LIST!!!


naaaaa I like the interaction with the real world and all the different types in it. now back to our regularly scheduled program
 
Upvote 0
one does not ever have to read any of my postings -- but many do and lots of folks here do know me as a highly intelligent , helpful and freindly person -- and if I bore you too much theres always the "ignore button "--

by the way -- yes I am a "genius" IQ wize 153 ( over 140 is thought of as a "genius") --if you are going to use the word please at least spell it correctly

its a free world , so do as you please & enjoy it.
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
one does not ever have to read any of my postings -- but many do and lots of folks here do know me as a highly intelligent , helpful and freindly person -- and if I bore you too much theres always the "ignore button "--

by the way -- yes I am a "genius" IQ wize 153 ( over 140 is thought of as a "genius") --if you are going to use the word please at least spell it correctly

its a free world , so do as you please & enjoy it.


I wasn't talking to you but thats ok. I guess I missed my I key. sorry about that
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
one does not ever have to read any of my postings -- but many do and lots of folks here do know me as a highly intelligent , helpful and freindly person -- and if I bore you too much theres always the "ignore button "--

by the way -- yes I am a "genius" IQ wize 153 ( over 140 is thought of as a "genius") --if you are going to use the word please at least spell it correctly

its a free world , so do as you please & enjoy it.

PM sent Ivan :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Ralphw said:
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
and it looks like you are it!!!Damn dude I AM SORRY!!I cant find amusement!Maybe I was talking about the other poster!!Heck AA thinks I was talking about him!!People come on!
The "how long I been here remark",was the fact AA said "since you been here".....jeeze!!I have been here longer than him,and I know for damn sure I have contributed more VALUABLE info than both of you!!PLEASE PUT ME ON YOU IGNORE LIST!!!


naaaaa I like the interaction with the real world and all the different types in it. now back to our regularly scheduled program

:laughing7:Well,I respect that about ya!I do as well,as feel the "ignore",function to be somewhat childish.I am sorry I got yer shorts in a wad....wasnt my intention.
I cant beleive this tiff wasnt with the Brits!!! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
PM received --we're cool -- Ivan

ralphw --since thats not meant for me --we're cool too --Ivan

I like to be freindly with folks --really I do.

as far as the brits go --thats one big carp -- their pest fish here in the USA but fun to catch when their big.
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
PM received --we're cool -- Ivan

ralphw --since thats not meant for me --we're cool too --Ivan

I like to be freindly with folks --really I do.

as far as the brits go --thats one big carp -- their pest fish here in the USA but fun to catch when their big.

x2!!I agree on ALL counts!!

Again sorry Ralph

AA,dont know what your prob. is,but you are only an hour away :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
and it looks like you are it!!!Damn dude I AM SORRY!!I cant find amusement!Maybe I was talking about the other poster!!Heck AA thinks I was talking about him!!People come on!
The "how long I been here remark",was the fact AA said "since you been here".....jeeze!!I have been here longer than him,and I know for damn sure I have contributed more VALUABLE info than both of you!!PLEASE PUT ME ON YOU IGNORE LIST!!!


naaaaa I like the interaction with the real world and all the different types in it. now back to our regularly scheduled program

:laughing7:Well,I respect that about ya!I do as well,as feel the "ignore",function to be somewhat childish.I am sorry I got yer shorts in a wad....wasnt my intention.
I cant beleive this tiff wasnt with the Brits!!! :hello:
Hey :nono: :nono: :laughing9:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
kuger said:
Ralphw said:
There is at least one always in every bunch......... who cares how long you have been here? I've been here since 2003.... what would we do without the genus mentors in our presence?
and it looks like you are it!!!Damn dude I AM SORRY!!I cant find amusement!Maybe I was talking about the other poster!!Heck AA thinks I was talking about him!!People come on!
The "how long I been here remark",was the fact AA said "since you been here".....jeeze!!I have been here longer than him,and I know for damn sure I have contributed more VALUABLE info than both of you!!PLEASE PUT ME ON YOU IGNORE LIST!!!


naaaaa I like the interaction with the real world and all the different types in it. now back to our regularly scheduled program

:laughing7:Well,I respect that about ya!I do as well,as feel the "ignore",function to be somewhat childish.I am sorry I got yer shorts in a wad....wasnt my intention.
I cant beleive this tiff wasnt with the Brits!!! :hello:
Hey :nono: :nono: :laughing9:

SS
:dontknow: :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
A lot to read here. I guess I need to start at the beginning.
 
Upvote 0
As far as the carp: We have them here. I believe they are put into the lakes to eat the weeds or algae. They are huge but they cant reproduce.

As far as the ID: Can we keep guessing even though it has been solved? :tongue3:

....is there a disagreement with the worm threader ID? :dontknow: :help:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom