What's new

A merc, but in supreme condition!

digger27

Bronze Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
3,226
Golden Thread
0
Considering this thing had to have been dropped not long after it was born and has been taking a dirt nap for 97 years I gotta say this thing is amazing.
Found in a little woodsy part of my local park, an out of the way area where I also found 1925 and 1919 wheaties.
I think this area needs to be explored and examined better....duuuh!

Finding any silver coin is great, finding older types even better but to find something like this that is old and in this condition is...special!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160523_071221.webp
    IMG_20160523_071221.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20160523_071507.webp
    IMG_20160523_071507.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 72
Wow...that one is in great condition!
 
Very nice merc! HH.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great find and absolutely gorgeous! My very first silver coin was a 1923 Merc in similar condition. I could not believe the condition of it. It was like someone dropped it that day. That find sort of epitomized the joy of finding silver for me because it was only then that I realized how beautifully preserved silver coins could be and why people get so excited over them.
 
WOW!!!!!!!

aj
 
nice coin! mint condition love finding that silver.
 
might be worth a shot trying to get it graded. An ICG (should shoot for PCGS or NGC) MS64 FB one sold for $199.

Might be worth being looked at by a local shop. Hard to tell if there are any hairlines, plus is the bottom of the E on "one" worn? Wow, what great detail!
 
That's a beauty!!!
 
What's that I see on the back side....can't quite make it....yeah, there it is! Made in China! :laughing7:

Great find!!
 
They don't get much better than that.
 
Boy, that is a beauty! I dug a 1905 IH, yesterday, and except for the patina; it's almost perfect. Now you have me using extra deet, and getting into the woodsy borders of one of our 120 year old parks. Stay after it!
 
might be worth a shot trying to get it graded. An ICG (should shoot for PCGS or NGC) MS64 FB one sold for $199.

Might be worth being looked at by a local shop. Hard to tell if there are any hairlines, plus is the bottom of the E on "one" worn? Wow, what great detail!


Thanks!

The bottom leg of the E is fine but that part and a few others still have a little dirt on them and I don't want to clean it any more than I have to without being real careful.
I will look into grading and at the very least visit a coin shop and see what they say.
 
Wow, that is a one hundred dollar coin is my guess.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom