A Personal Message from Me for WHAT IS IT.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Y'all,
After seeing Pete's message (CannonballGuy) I thought I needed to let everyone know what's been going on with me, and why I haven't been in the WHAT IS IT forum lately.

Last year I had a stroke, and it affected parts of the left side of my body. I've recovered nicely, and only have paralysis on the left side of my mouth, lips, tongue, and the tips of 3 of my fingers.

About 6 months ago (NewYears) I had a massive heart attack and was rushed to Duke Hospital and had a stent placement. I had a 99% blockage in the 'widowmaker.' God evidently wanted me around, and I'm truly blessed after that ordeal.

Two weeks after I got home from the Heart Attack, I was back in the hosptial with the H1N1 Flu . . .that's some nasty mess!

After recovering from the flu, I attended Cardiac Rehab and have continued my exercise at home. Between the Rehab and heart medication, I am improving daily. I was even able to do a little metal detecting on Sunday; it was short, but sweet.

The doctors blamed hereditary (Thank you Daddy!) since I have a good diet, low/normal blood pressure, low/normal cholesterol, and I'm NOT a diabetic.
At any rate, I've missed you and being in WHAT IS IT, but wanted to let you know what's been going on with me.

Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

Last edited:

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Thank you for the update. I hope & pray that you will continue to get better !!
I had a massive heart attack [ widowmaker ] 4 years ago, & had 3 stents put in. Three months later I had another heart attack & one more stent put in the same artery. I had always been healthy, & the V.A. attributes it to " Agent Orange " exposure, in Vietnam.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Breezie,

You are on my prayer list, I pray Our Father keeps you with us for years to come - in good health.

Deep.....

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Best wishes to you Breezie and all our other brothers and sisters on the forum that have had any number of health issues.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My injuries pale in comparison to what you have gone through. Prayers sent for your continued recovery. A lot of folks here missed you.

Upvote 0

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breezie, so happy to hear you are doing so much better !!!!! I am a 15 year survivor from my last widow maker, 17 since the first , woke up with 4 defibrillator burns on my chest dang those hurt and we’re just annoying ! Keep on kicking, when they tell me I can’t or don’t do something I tell them , just watch me :headbang: Wishing u Health and Happiness!!!

P.s. have you too noticed the sunrise and sunset are prettier than before ��

Upvote 0

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Y'all,
After seeing Pete's message (CannonballGuy) I thought I needed to let everyone know what's been going on with me, and why I haven't been in the WHAT IS IT forum lately.

Last year I had a stroke, and it affected parts of the left side of my body. I've recovered nicely, and only have paralysis on the left side of my mouth, lips, tongue, and the tips of 3 of my fingers.

About 6 months ago (NewYears) I had a massive heart attack and was rushed to Duke Hospital and had a stent placement. I had a 99% blockage in the 'widowmaker.' God evidently wanted me around, and I'm truly blessed after that ordeal.

Two weeks after I got home from the Heart Attack, I was back in the hosptial with the H1N1 Flu . . .that's some nasty mess!

After recovering from the flu, I attended Cardiac Rehab and have continued my exercise at home. Between the Rehab and heart medication, I am improving daily. I was even able to do a little metal detecting on Sunday; it was short, but sweet.

The doctors blamed hereditary (Thank you Daddy!) since I have a good diet, low/normal blood pressure, low/normal cholesterol, and I'm NOT a diabetic.
At any rate, I've missed you and being in WHAT IS IT, but wanted to let you know what's been going on with me.

Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

I hope you keep getting better............been a rough year for me, too. hospital 4 times, but gaining strength............... YOU can DO IT!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been away from TN for a long time. I hope you will be feeling much better Breezie. I hope Pete is also better. I didnt know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread