A september *NOT* to remember...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, september has been the WORST month for me yet for halves, not only have i blown through 8 skunk boxes of halves, 1 box was missing 3 rolls and several rolls had coins missing(the box netted me $39.50 loss), and the bank said there's nothing they can do about it. ?????????

on top of that, i got cut off from one of my dump banks, and the 2012 dimes are back in.
things are not looking good for my main pickup bank either.

rant off... hh folks
buff

Upvote 0
Sept was my best month ever at CRH. It was also my 5th month ever doing it. well over 100 half dollars.

dawg i know the feeling its been bad for me too not as bad as it has been for you however

yep, 0 keepers on halves and horrible ratios on the rest.

Sept= awesome. Im actually averaging 1 SILVER PER BRINKS BOX!!!!! and usually i get like 1 silver per 3 boxes :/
(all i can get in my area is brinks)

I'm lucky if I average 1 40%er every two boxes. I once searched through 36 (or 37, I try to forget) straight boxes without a single silver. There is fierce competition down here, even from some of the tellers. I don't concentrate on boxes like I used to. Maybe 10 boxes a month. I do however look for cwr's, and that is where the good stuff is found consistently. At least in my area.

Theres this Chase bank I go to and they always have silver! I once got $40 in halves and found 2 40% and I went again and got $40 in halves again and found 4 40%!

September wasn't a good month for me either..

You have to check the rolls before you leave the bank--they won't do anything about short rolls if you have already left. You can use a scale to weigh the box or a ruler to measure the lengths of the rolls.

thanks for the words--- I am not going to actually bring a scale to the bank and weigh my half dollar box, this is the first time this has happened in 3 years, but thanks for thr thoughts!

i am hoping that since september is not over yet, i will at least get something worth my time :) I'll never give up even though there are so many CRH'ers down here.

Agreed BB, August was my best month ever... Sep so far has been awful with the exception of one box of halves

August was decent to me, but september went downhill from the very first search. Time to open 2 more dime boxes, wish me luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back