What's new

Amelia Island Plantation

JoelB

Full Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
130
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Will be visiting for a conference there in early December. I am sure it is a privately owned island but am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the possibility of hunting there? I think this is a fairly upscale vacation spot (not my style--but it is work related) and maybe I could find some goodies while there. I posted a question on another thread pertaining to hunting on Florida beaches----so if anyone could give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joel from York, Pennsylvania
 
Upvote 0
Was there a couple of months ago. No one ever said that I couldn't. I think alot of folks must hit that beach as I only walked away with very little clad.
 
the plantation is on the island of amelia island -- the plantation area is of course private * and is what you would call "upscale" ---but the local beach areas are not "private" --i live about 25 milesaway know there area history very well and good spots to hunt. --Ivan
 
hey ivan,i was there last winter,an officer told me i couldnt hunt "anywhere" on the island period.we were actually fishing and i had my metal detector sticking out of the back of my truck.he almost ran us off just for me having it there.he was fine until he seen it then he got real edgy.
 
where were you at? -- on amelia island theres several places you can legally metal detect -- but of course theres several places you can not as well -- the "old town" area (historical area) is off limits (unless your on private land with owner permission) and the southern tip of amelia island (at the park -nassau sound area is also "off limits")--my treasure wreck is in the nassau sound area --the "powers that be " *after I applied for salvage permits for it and they denied me --- made the southern tip of amelia island a "state park" and banned metal detecting at the beach there as well --go figger >:D
 
Ivan, I may get a hold of you before I come down if I have any questions---if thats ok. Thanks, Joel
 
sure no sweat
 
Will be visiting Palm Coast,Florida for 4 days before heading to Amelia Island Plantation---any input on where to stay "out of trouble" on the beaches? What do you think Ivan? Thanks
 
JoelB said:
Will be visiting Palm Coast,Florida for 4 days before heading to Amelia Island Plantation---any input on where to stay "out of trouble" on the beaches? What do you think Ivan? Thanks

Do not bring a MD'er to Washington Oaks State Park. They will confiscate it. Other than that, you can go anywhere. Flagler Beach might be picked over, but there is plenty to go around. Or head up to Hammock, I've always had decent luck at Jungle Hut (road leads to a park). Be careful digging around the Hammock/Marineland area. The natural coquina formation lies just below the sand. It will destroy your scoop in short order. Head farther north and you'll want to avoid Fort Matanzas National Monument. The rangers will run you off. North of the access ramp (Matanzas) is fair game. Best bet would be the Crescent Beach ramp. It is very active (packed) all season long. Old timers only hunt the dry. I never see anyone pounding the wet.
 
Is it true...

That you can hunt the beach on Amelia Island, South of the pier that's on the northeast end of the island?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom