What's new

An Orientation Day at the Wayside Tavern (Pic Added)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2007
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes and dudettes, it has been awhile since the one and only KirkPA has posted a thread. But, before I get on to my thread-thready-threadster, I would like to take a step back from reality and put on a show for you loving people. :-* Hmmmm...you may be asking your in-tell-la-gent datectin' brains, "What does KirkPA have up his detecting sleeve?" In an obnoxious tribal shout, KirkPA bellows, "The 1st Stand-up act on Tnet!" So, sit back on your detecting butts...:D....and enjoy a super long laugh.

The place: Tnet Lunchroom. The time: Lunch time. The dudes and dudette attending: Captn_SE, Danimal, Mirage, Evolution, Dimeman, Jeff of PA (just in case I get "out of line" :D), Mona Lisa, borninok, zoyboy, DFX-Gregg, {Sentinel}, and numerous other forum members.

After a typical KirkPA lunch of beans and apple cider, he looks over at Captn_SE and whispers, "Hey, bud, you want to watch KirkPA in action?" In a whisper, SE states back, "I don't know what you mean, but go for it." So, while Danimal, Mirage, borninok, DFX-Gregg, and Dimeman partake in conversation about forum issues, KirkPA stands up and proceeds, "Ahem, ahem, ahem....thank you for your attention, gentlemen and lady (winks at Mona), if you won't mind some KirkPA entertainment, I will further proceed to accompany you on a journey of laughter and fun. You up for it?" Some dude in the back, yells, "Oh, get a life!" Some dude in the middle, screams, "Give me a break!" Some dude in the front, states, "Please, sir, I would like to partake."

KirkPA further proceeds to the front of the lunchroom where other forum members are starting to fill in, but before he starts his act, he looks over at Jeff of PA, and asks, "Jeff, is it okay with you?" Jeff states back, "Just keep it within the lines of the forum rules."

KirkPA asks the Tnet members to please keep the chat to a whisper and begins his act. "A few of you dudes will like this one....audible KirkPA chuckle....'What does KirkPA + His Ego add up to? Simple, a Pro XL!'" A few hecklers from the back started to "Booooo." KirkPA looked at them and stated, "Hey, dudes, what is the easiest way to add a few inches? Huh? Huh? Huh? KirkPA was laughing super hard now. Just turn up your gain!" KirkPA supporters were on the floor laughing super hard and loud. One of them, stated, "You are a riot!" "I think this one will strike a chord in some of you dudes, but it is all in fun...'What is with dudes taking pills for ED? Booooo. Heck, a dollar hit is my Cialis.'" KirkPA supporters were laughing so hard, boogies started to come out of their nasal passages :o :D

KirkPA proceeded to take a drink of water and then decided to open up a pack of Strawberry blunt cigars. He lit one up and asked the audience, "Would anyone like one? Don't be shy!" Captn_SE raised his hand, kind of like a dude kid in school, and responded, "I would, Kirk!" I threw him one and he lit up and joined me in some KirkPA-like musing. :D

With Strawberry essence engulfing the Tnet Lunchroom, a few lurkers entered the room thinking that someone had just made muffins....upon their entrance, KirkPA looked at them and stated, "Dudes, care for a smoke?" One lurker responded back, "Darn, I thought I smelled muffins." KirkPA: "No, dude, it is my Strawberry flavored ci-gar. Sorry, but if you want to watch my Stand-up act, you need to sign up for a username and join the forum. Join the Treasurenet.com forum. It is cheap, easy, and fun." A forum moderator stated, "Thanks, Kirk, for that gesture."

While Captn was puffing smoke all over the room, I started back up again, "Captn, this one is for you...'What is in Captn_SE's closet? A White's!" KirkPA was on his back rolling on the ground in laughter...his ci-gar was still in his mouth and his water still in hand A few of the hecklers stood up and left the room...KirkPA then decided to end his act, "Dudes, thanks for your time. I hope you enjoyed it. If not, pardon my indecorous comedy act. Thank you, there is free metal detecting advice out on the forum at 1 p.m., so if you are interested, consult your daily forum guide." That was when all of the KirkPA supporters ran up to him and asked him for his autograph...Kirk signed some in haste, since he needed to head out to the forum boards.

Back to the metal detecting day...

PACO, zoy, and I headed out to the Colonial tavern site yesterday, since some of it was harvested. Since the farmer told us to check back in during the fall, we knocked on his door at 10 a.m., but no one answered. So, we decided to wait around for about an hour, but Mr. Farmer didn't show up. So, we decided to drive around the city for awhile and talk about our hobby. At 12, we knocked on his door again and it was soon answered....after some further dialogue, we were granted permission to detect the site. His wife even stated to us, in response to the fact that we are going to put together a display case for them, "You guys are the 1st to ever offer that. That is so nice of you." SEE...we do showcase ourselves with professionalism! :D

We geared up and walked about a half-mile into the field...it is a large field, but since zoy narrowed down the site, we were soon standing at the site of the Colonial tavern. We eyeballed thousands of pottery shards all over the place...about half the size of a football field. But, since most of the corn wasn't harvested, we could only detect at certain areas. In 30 seconds of time, zoyboy found half of a Colonial shoe buckle. Then, I started to find an assortment of Colonial but-tins....most of them are the size of a quarter. Since this place is littered with ferrous, we had to dig a lot of signals. We were, literally, yelling out, "Button!" almost every other minute. But, we had found NO coins yet! That seemed a little odd....we are thinking the site has been hunted or we have not found the actual location of the tavern yet...zoyboy even said, "Maybe we are at the dump now." After about 3 hours of detecting, we had found 20 buttons, 15 musketballs, and other relics. I found 7 buttons, a brass thimble, and 2 dropped musketballs.

Now, since the site is NOT fully harvested, we are going to be attacking it again and again and again. We will definitely find some coins and other relics, so it is a site worth focusing on. The site is massive, so I think we need to scout some more before we actually locate the yard of the tavern.

We were given exclusive permission to detect the site whenever we wanted...we also know where a homestead once stood back in the 1770s on their same property, so that site should produce some nice goodies.

*All relics were found on private property with total consent from the sweet landowners.

tavernsite008.jpg


Question: What is the object near zoy's shoe buckle? Is it part of a belt buckle? I found that in the ferrous-infested area.
 
Upvote 0
KirkPA said:
ModernMiner said:
Kirkels,
You sure that was a cigar you were smoking? :o Wow, what a story. I had to print it and take it to the john with me it was so long. ;D
-MM-
P.S. I see I squeezed into the top 25 again this week. I'm trying hard Baby!

Did you have beans and apple cider, too, for lunch? :D

That was diner. ;D
Thanks for posting the pictures. Some nice finds guys!
-MM-
 
Kirk....you're a fruit loop. ::) :P Do we get to hunt with you in this far fetched fantasy of yours? Or do we just get to smoke Cee-gars and eat Muf-fins? :)








Nice selection of But-tins. The coins will come.
 
KirkPA said:
This site dates back over two hundred years.

And what - they fenced off the area for the last 200? Silly. Anyway, in the pic I thought it looked machine-made. Oh well, I've been wrong before (um, usually?) Oh, and BTW, maybe you should clear something up for everyone - it seems people think you left the tobacco in tha Phillies before sparkin' ;)
 
Mona Lisa said:
Kirk....you're a fruit loop. ::) :P Do we get to hunt with you in this far fetched fantasy of yours? Or do we just get to smoke Cee-gars and eat Muf-fins? :)








Nice selection of But-tins. The coins will come.

I will puff a cigar with you, if you bake the muffins. LOL So, put the apron on, and shuffle into the kitchen. hahaha
 
laralucine said:
KirkPA said:
This site dates back over two hundred years.

And what - they fenced off the area for the last 200? Silly. Anyway, in the pic I thought it looked machine-made. Oh well, I've been wrong before (um, usually?) Oh, and BTW, maybe you should clear something up for everyone - it seems people think you left the tobacco in tha Phillies before sparkin' ;)

This place is, literally, out in the middle of NOWHERE! How could a modern day doorknob get out here? More silly. :D
 
^^fair enough :D
 
not mad atcha :-*
 
nice finds Kirk! That the type of site I've gone in and dug only coins and buttons with my EX II... *L* Maybe hit by a good coinshooter but you're almost guaranteed they didn't find them all. But you may be just removing the iron etc to get to the good stuff! ;D
 
Nice finds Kirk---Those old buttons are a treat.
 
Ocean7 said:
nice finds Kirk! That the type of site I've gone in and dug only coins and buttons with my EX II... *L* Maybe hit by a good coinshooter but you're almost guaranteed they didn't find them all. But you may be just removing the iron etc to get to the good stuff! ;D

I seriously don't think that someone has detected it before. I just think we have not located the exact location of the tavern house. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks. I consider myself a great coinshooter, so once the ferrous is dug out, KirkPA will dig the coins.
 
LMAO, I was told on the phone of this thread and had to check it out so hear i is grinning from ear to ear at your solo stand up Kirk.

So you unlocked the Capt's secret all this time he's been using the White's circuit board from the old machine in the closet in a SE shell ;) pure genius.

Great going with the land owners out there should open up some places with there friends.
 
Sweet finds Kirk. LOOK your musketball has teethmarks in it too ;) Nice colonial flat buttons. That is a pretty good day bud. Glad you posted the pic.
 
{Sentinel} said:
Sweet finds Kirk. LOOK your musketball has teethmarks in it too ;) Nice colonial flat buttons. That is a pretty good day bud. Glad you posted the pic.

It sure does look like it...I will have to check it out before I go to bed. :D
 
So...where are the other 12 buttons? :D
 
Once I arrive home from my day of datective work, I will post the rest. :D
 
Hey Kirk,

Goldenapples heard about this thread on the phone. You are officially famous.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom