Ancient coin ? (Updated! more pics)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I found this coin while metal detecting when I was a kid. I thought it was fake until I brought it to a coin show and a dealer said it was not necessarily fake. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?
php9JAAsQPM.jpg

Attachments

• phpTQlCk6PM.jpg
    phpTQlCk6PM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,274
  • php6IuLvdPM.jpg
    php6IuLvdPM.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 3,408
  • phpEJJJtZPM.jpg
    phpEJJJtZPM.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,377
  • phpr2GON3PM.jpg
    phpr2GON3PM.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,236
OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Yes, just had it on earlier today on the history channel. from greece. they investigated disappearance of the up's copper

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just watching a show where they were proving that the ancient Minoans came to Northern WI and UP area to mine copper for the bronze age. Perhaps they did produce coins here and Im pretty sure the history books are wrong with all the evidence to the contrary. If the modern people today were not around to see them make the coins, who's to say exactly how they looked. What people believe to be true and what really is true are two different things sometimes. P.S. I have also found a bronze arrow point in WI and some copper arrow points in the UP

I am in agreement with you.
I posted a bronze coin I dug out of a Wisconsin lake this year.
The naysayers Hy-jacked my thread. No positive inpuit.
I read this complete thread just because you found your coin here in Wisconsin.

That a boy for putting up with all the know it all, closed minded people on this forum.
I collect native copper and hammered copper.
I have found some specimens that seam to be bronze.
I have found nuggets of what seams like zinc or tin.
That they could have combined to make the bronze.
I will continue my search for more Copper Culture points.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That a boy for putting up with all the know it all, closed minded people on this forum.

I am with history hunter & Bumpstick on this, I am in the belief that there were explores here long before Columbus. In the words of Scott Wolter "History is not as be have been told". For the past 2 years have been researching a War of 1812 battle that occurred here, 3 miles from me, while the "facts" of the battle as stated in the history books and local papers is "basically" true, the local people take it as gospel, it did not actually happen in the way it was stated and there was more too it. Talking about closed minded people, even when presented with 1st hand documents of the battle they say that they are wrong, like they were the ones at the battle, 200 years ago. It is an up hill battle on these type people. It is tuff to smarten "stupid".

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Post your coin here Bumpstick and TN members will give you an honest ID.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am with history hunter & Bumpstick on this, I am in the belief that there were explores here long before Columbus. In the words of Scott Wolter "History is not as be have been told". For the past 2 years have been researching a War of 1812 battle that occurred here, 3 miles from me, while the "facts" of the battle as stated in the history books and local papers is "basically" true, the local people take it as gospel, it did not actually happen in the way it was stated and there was more too it. Talking about closed minded people, even when presented with 1st hand documents of the battle they say that they are wrong, like they were the ones at the battle, 200 years ago. It is an up hill battle on these type people. It is tuff to smarten "stupid".
There are no close minded people on this thread gldnbrew. This not an ancient coin. Some of them are still shiny. And they ALL have the exact same denticals which is an impossibility with ancient hammered coins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
I recently posted this coin on hooked x Scott Wolters page to learn more about the coin, which might have symbols that match Tartarian language and here are some of the reactions:
  • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - I did compare the letters with runic and find no link, I agree it is likely Greek as Ed states. The only connection I see with other findings would be the dolphins and palm tree. These symbols are on the Overton Stone in Nova Scotia and as the translation below shows the importance of these symbols used by The Knights of Christ.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

• svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]1[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Reply[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR]10w

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]William M Smith[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - The only other symbol on your coin that is like the symbols on the Gasper Corte Real ship is the tilted S which represents (Journey). Attached is the recording on the back of the Overton Stone by THOR. Thanks for sharing.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

• [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Reply[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Their is a remote chance your coin was worn by one of the 8 Portuguese Goths who made the return trip from KRS in 1472 with John Scolvul by way of the Great Lakes to explain the new laws of land ownership to the 5 Nations. You may have the metal studied in depth to find where it was likely from. The size of the carbon molecules will indicate the age. Attached is a linK to the Peacemaker which was posted before on this site. https://drive.google.com/.../1w.../view...

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

safe_image.php

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]The Peacemaker.pdf[/COLOR]

The Peacemaker.pdf

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Your coin found in Wisconsin may be the first Templar coin found in the USA. I say this because of the hidden mystery it brings. I suggest you compare it with the coins found at The Falls of The Ohio. If it turns out to match the coins pre- crusades then it likely was worn by one of the sons of Joao Corte Real who built the Newport Tower in 1472 as the eastern land claim while John Scolvus made it to Kensington to carve and place the west boundary. The Corte Real would have been Michael at the age of 24 or Gasper at the age of 22. My pick is only speculation, however the palm. the S and dolphin on your coin points toward the lost ship of Gasper Corte Real. I am sure Scott Wolter or others on this site could identify the Greek letters and date the coin compared to the coins of the Templars.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Many examples of coins like yours with horses and dolphins and people, however all seem to be very old and as Ed Thomas stated Greek. The Templars would have these. https://www.google.com/search?q=ancient+Greek+coins+with+dolphins+on+them&client

… [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]See More[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

safe_image.php

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]GOOGLE.COM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]ancient Greek coins with dolphins on them - Google Search[/COLOR]

ancient Greek coins with dolphins on them - Google Search

svg%3e

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale Brennan[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Author[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]William M Smith
      Thank you!

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

• [COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Like[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Thank You sir - As a reminder, do not let the coin get out of your site, Location of find is a key, The fact your coin has a holding ring is very important and separates it from other ancient coins. It was not a coin held by a coin collector because it… [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]See More[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]View 3 more replies[/COLOR][/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Karen Wilburn[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Very intricate design. Where in Wisconsin? I live on the Illinois border

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]3[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]

Dale Brennan replied
    ·
    2 Replies

[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]I was just wondering if Scott wolter see's the items on this site? I thought he might be interested to help prove some of the unknown history.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]R[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
there is another possibility about your original coin... During the 1830's ancient Greek and Roman coins were occasionally used in both Upper and Lower Canada and taken as specimens out of circulation by those few that noticed them. Anything that could pass as a half penny in those days did so. It is less far fetched to assume one made it down to upper WI during that time than ancient times.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I recently posted this coin on hooked x Scott Wolters page to learn more about the coin, which might have symbols that match Tartarian language and here are some of the reactions:
  • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - I did compare the letters with runic and find no link, I agree it is likely Greek as Ed states. The only connection I see with other findings would be the dolphins and palm tree. These symbols are on the Overton Stone in Nova Scotia and as the translation below shows the importance of these symbols used by The Knights of Christ.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

• svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - The only other symbol on your coin that is like the symbols on the Gasper Corte Real ship is the tilted S which represents (Journey). Attached is the recording on the back of the Overton Stone by THOR. Thanks for sharing.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Their is a remote chance your coin was worn by one of the 8 Portuguese Goths who made the return trip from KRS in 1472 with John Scolvul by way of the Great Lakes to explain the new laws of land ownership to the 5 Nations. You may have the metal studied in depth to find where it was likely from. The size of the carbon molecules will indicate the age. Attached is a linK to the Peacemaker which was posted before on this site. https://drive.google.com/.../1w.../view...

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

safe_image.php

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]The Peacemaker.pdf[/COLOR]

The Peacemaker.pdf

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Your coin found in Wisconsin may be the first Templar coin found in the USA. I say this because of the hidden mystery it brings. I suggest you compare it with the coins found at The Falls of The Ohio. If it turns out to match the coins pre- crusades then it likely was worn by one of the sons of Joao Corte Real who built the Newport Tower in 1472 as the eastern land claim while John Scolvus made it to Kensington to carve and place the west boundary. The Corte Real would have been Michael at the age of 24 or Gasper at the age of 22. My pick is only speculation, however the palm. the S and dolphin on your coin points toward the lost ship of Gasper Corte Real. I am sure Scott Wolter or others on this site could identify the Greek letters and date the coin compared to the coins of the Templars.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Dale - Many examples of coins like yours with horses and dolphins and people, however all seem to be very old and as Ed Thomas stated Greek. The Templars would have these. https://www.google.com/search?q=ancient+Greek+coins+with+dolphins+on+them&client

… [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]See More[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

safe_image.php

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]GOOGLE.COM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]ancient Greek coins with dolphins on them - Google Search[/COLOR]

ancient Greek coins with dolphins on them - Google Search

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]William M Smith
      Thank you!

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Thank You sir - As a reminder, do not let the coin get out of your site, Location of find is a key, The fact your coin has a holding ring is very important and separates it from other ancient coins. It was not a coin held by a coin collector because it… [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]See More[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]View 3 more replies[/COLOR][/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Karen Wilburn[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Very intricate design. Where in Wisconsin? I live on the Illinois border

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

svg%3e

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]3[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]

Dale Brennan replied
    ·
    2 Replies

[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]I was just wondering if Scott wolter see's the items on this site? I thought he might be interested to help prove some of the unknown history.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]R[/COLOR]

Am I the only one that cant see this?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions