What's new

any pros or cons on the goldbug SE floating around out there

dfg4240

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
143
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

thinking about a backup to my tejon.
thanks
 
Re: any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

Dfg,
I am currently putting the Gold Bug 2 and the GMT through their paces side by side. I will soon start posting the results. If the GB SE is as sensitive as the GB 2, go for it. The 10" coil on the GB2 easily picked up a .14 gram piece of gold. I just did that today and will continue tomorrow with smaller pieces. But that's already pretty small! TTC (update:) I was able to pick up a #7 1/2 shotgun pellet at more than one inch..... the pellet is .04 gram.... that's 4 hundreths of a gram! And that's very good. Yes, the test was done with a bench test. But relative to my Gold Stinger, no comparison.... the Gold stinger DID NOT register a beep, or even a peep. TTC
 
Re: any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

thanks -I'll be waiting to see what you have to say/
thanks
DFG
 
Re: any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

My surf master PI did almost as good. Picked up one #6 lead shot at 2" in desert near Plaster City Cal.
​
 
Re: any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

Frankn said:
My surf master PI did almost as good. Picked up one #6 lead shot at 2" in desert near Plaster City Cal.
​
That's still good. The problem I am finding, though, is the signal from this tiny #7 1/2 pellet is being LOST in the snap-crackle-pop of the ground noise! Since the GMT and the GB2 are both brand new machines to me, I must play, learn, and record the best possible performance I can squeeze out of these toys! Stay tuned. TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom