DPBOB
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2006
- Messages
- 3,592
- Reaction score
- 264
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- DES PLAINES IL
- Detector(s) used
- AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....
"Your going Metal Detecting
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Amen.Fast_Dave said:I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't think we can solve this one by sheer guesswork.
Unless you can guess the lottery numbers.Im sorry you broke it but thanks for the new clue.DP BOB said:Thanks all for trying...I have been searching for a design all over but still haven't found one yet....
I had to break away the screw thing to see the letters / name on the back. I didn't want to but I had no choice.
It says JEWEL EMBLEM CHICAGO
I googled it but it wasn't any help.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...wel+EMBLEM"+CHICAGO&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I think you are on to something. I never did believe that it was the Greek letter Pi. Good work Cheyenne.72cheyenne said:I see CSA. Not Confederate CSA but just a CSA logo.
Here is a logo I found very similar, but with no attribution of what it went to, stood for, or where it come from.
There is no M, Bob, IMO. Its the bottom half of the A. Look at the pics that Cheyenne posted.SODABOTTLEBOB said:Reminder ...
Don't forget the "M"
![]()
bigcypresshunter said:There is no M, Bob, IMO. Its the bottom half of the A. Look at the pics that Cheyenne posted.SODABOTTLEBOB said:Reminder ...
Don't forget the "M"
![]()
I think its underneath part of the S intertwined. Like Cheyenne said these old monograms are very confusing to sort out. I also think its more likely that an old monogram will be made up of letters not symbols. I think its solvable now.SODABOTTLEBOB said:I disagree!
The top of my "M" is pointed and doesn't connect to the upper letter/symbol
SODABOTTLEBOB said:I disagree!
The top of my "M" is pointed and doesn't connect to the upper letter/symbol
I acknowledge 72cheyenne's "A's" having the V cross ... but I honestly believe it's still open to interpretation!

SODABOTTLEBOB said:I'm just moving the photo down so I don't have to keep scrolling to the top.