Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Searched a $1000 bag of dimes.

Result:
handle-skunk-live-trap-180x180.jpg

Only a couple 2012-P, but about 50% of the bag was 2010-P and 2011-P dimes. I did get a 1966 1/10 balboa in like XF condition. The only way I caught that one was that it slipped out of my hand when edge searching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't like dimes. There to small i can't see the dates. so you got skunked its all good get 5 more bags. Good luck!

Keep at it. Dimes are the worst though, so small, almost need a scanning electron microscope :). Halves are king. HH!

I havent tried anything but halfs ..after all i read i think the halfs are the best

Halves are best usually, but I thought I would search dimes this time. I normally search small volume, but I will be searching maybe 1 or 2 boxes of halves a week later this year.

I don't like dimes. There to small i can't see the dates.

I edge searched them. I only know about the 2011 and 2010 dimes because many rims were very shiny, and I checked a few to see what year they were to get an opinion about how old the bag was (was in the vault).

Last edited:
I did a box of dimes and immediately after did a box of halves... boy, were my eyes so thankful!

still should try, why not! better luck next time...
hh
buff

I am pretty sure that the machine culls silver. I had a silver dime in the reject before I bought this bag, but I thought it would be weird to get only one silver dime in 2 years of getting the rejects, so I decided to get the bag and see.

do you get other denominations off the machine?
I am pretty sure that the machine culls silver. I had a silver dime in the reject before I bought this bag, but I thought it would be weird to get only one silver dime in 2 years of getting the rejects, so I decided to get the bag and see.

I first rim search dimes under my OttLite, which has an attached magnifier, and then I spread the dimes out on my hand just to see if I missed anything. The natural light helps out seeing the white from the silver.

do you get other denominations off the machine?

No, this was the first time I got bags from that CU. I will probably only get the halves bag when it fills up or the nickel bag. I heard before that some machines don't reject silver halves, but reject other silver coins.

you don't go for the pennies? i would love to search penny bags off the coin machine!
No, this was the first time I got bags from that CU. I will probably only get the halves bag when it fills up or the nickel bag. I heard before that some machines don't reject silver halves, but reject other silver coins.

you don't go for the pennies? i would love to search penny bags off the coin machine!

I usually just search cent rolls or boxes, not bags. I may try it though, sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back