Basic signs and symbols you have found

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playgirl:
Have you done your research, at least on this thread and started a reference notebook? The person who started this thread, Old Dog, is one of the most knowledgeable folks on this forum. If you will go back to the beginning of the thread and read forward, taking notes, a lot of your questions will be answered. Also, read rangler's thread. He posted some stuff you'll need, but not as much as Old Dog made available.
As for the triangle you see; triangles were used to record the distance values and, sometimes the direction, too. There are many posts concerning "reading" triangles. I do not keep too many notes on the find tuned details since I will never be able to travel around to put the info to use. The main contribution I might be able to make is to see what shows up in photos that different members post. LOL The hardest thing to learn was / is to take into account how pixalations can really throw a person "off" when studying photos here. That is a REAL problem when you think there might be some shadowy figure of some kind on the surface of a rock or boulder. I've tripped up on some more than once, but, hey,that's how you learn. Old Dog and Tertiaryjim have been really patient in teaching TRYING to teach me how to spot the important stuff without getting side tracked. After all, the Spanish supposedly used false trails and "sucker" stuff..........not to mention the deathtrap things. Yep, you really should start your own diary of information about these trail leads and codes. There are LOTS of things that people in the field have found that were not covered in Kenworthy's books or any of the other ones and a few of those folks have shared their findings in this section of TNet. Old Dog, dsty, Oddrock, Desertmoons, TertiaryJim, Springfield, and rangler are just a few of the folks who are putting their boots on the ground "out there" and have shared a lot of the info with the rest of us. Just be a little bit leary of anyone who ever claims to know it all. :icon_pirat:
For the most part, signs and symbols you find along a TRUE treasure trail will be larger stuff with the smaller codes and symbols coming in as you get toward the end site. The Spanish modified a lot of Ancient carvings and symbols for their own use; then, the KGC did the same thing to both of the others' signs. The Spanish and the KGC seemed to have hidden some of their signs within Indian Story rocks in some cases.
There's a lot of info for you to learn, but that part of the "journey" is where the real fun would be. Working on the "puzzle" is where the real satisfaction is found. Any FINDING that's done is almost anti-climatic. Don't get me wrong......FINDING would be GREAT (LOL), but almost a let down. ;D :coffee2:

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Springfield and pala y pico,, Springfield the pic you posted the one with the entry pic,, well the heart on the left that pala y pico marked up,, old dog taught me that the lobes on the hearts are used like a bow, so on yours it would shoot an arrow upwards and I think I can see that a few inches above it are some numbers and letters, along with a sideways M,, hopefully your entry was a decoy! td

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
td, the heart below was found on Mars. I wonder if the King's boys built it?

Attachments

• mars.jpg
    mars.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,340

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield:
Is your heart anywhere near this formation??

image007-mars.jpg

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Shortstack said:
Springfield:
Is your heart anywhere near this formation??

Don't know, short. td made a great observation re the fractal nature of physical creation - patterns tend to repeat.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with both of you except for snowflakes. ;D BUT, the figures in my photo are formed in a scraped area. This shot came from a newsletter I get a couple of times a month and isn't the first of it's kind found in all those videos of Mars and some of our moon.

Playgirl

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: What is this sign? I have never seen this before and cannot seem to find it. It looks like an upside down crown with a bulb on top and a line going thru it. It is at the top center of the page

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 980

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playgirl:
What is this heart (left circle) pointing at......your sigh?? The upper circle has a lot of signs, with an inverted "V" as just one of them. There are more figures in the lower circle.

DSC00004.JPG

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Slow to respond..heartsquest, that one heart does not look like a heart to me either. Not sure what it is.

In this pic looks like you have some sun signs.

Attachments

• TurtleAndHoodoo2sun.jpg
    TurtleAndHoodoo2sun.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 926

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
palo: that bear/turtle on the northwest side of hill. Nostly west though.
poor farm: ty!

DM

If the outline of a head looking left on your rock formation is man made/not a natural...then it may mean 200 measures in that direction. (200 varas, paces, etc.)

Oddrock

Well I bought a brunton and when i get it I will check it out. 200 paces might be right.......well also to the left was a nice map of a larger area,at least thats how I see it.
Thanks

moonie, below is how the site looked before I removed some of the rocks at the top of the plug and slid on down the backfill to floor level.

slid on down the backfill to floor level

Eh... you are a braver man than me! Well any man is come to think of it. hehe.

I'm surprised that under the back fill you had to dig out there were buried those marker rocks. That is if they were buried. What a great find though :) I be impressed.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
playgirl hard to tell what that crown ligtbulb thing is. I believe at a different time of day it will pop out. When i see comb like marks I speculate they mean distance. The light bulb might be an animal head. Perhaps together it means go the way the head is looking, and distance the number of comb marks. But hard to say with the resolution of the picture, what if anything is up there.

Remember, it may look like a few things all at once.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
desertmoons said:
..... slid on down the backfill to floor level

I'm surprised that under the back fill you had to dig out there were buried those marker rocks. That is if they were buried. What a great find though :) I be impressed.

Open hole (air seemed good), flashlight scanning the bottom (uniform backfill pile), a few rocks tossed down to agitate snakes or animals, if any (none). Previously been in hundreds of old mines and caves (worked once as an underground miner - instills mucho caution). Determined getting back out would not be a problem. Bottom line: minimal risk.

There was minimal digging - just moved a couple bigger rocks. In my opinion, there were no markers at the adit. Most of the 'markers' pointed out on this thread aren't.

Playgirl

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Shortstack, I did not see that, wow this is so much fun! I cannot wait till I get back from out of town to go and take more and better pictures. I just used a small camera to take pictures from a canyon floor. Now I think I will have to climb to get some better pictures LoL.

DesertMoons thank you for looking and trying to decipher it too. I am really excited about learning all the new signs. When I get better pictures I will post them. Wont be till around end of March or first part of April though. But I have plenty to learn off of until I can get some that show more.

hadji thank you I did not see the horse till you said something, it does look like a horsehead. I saw what looks to be a rabbit on the lower part of that picture may be just my imagination, since I am new at this type of quest. When I finally take some better pics I bet there will be things popping out all over ;D.

Thanks to everyone for your input, I am so excited to learn something new!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Play girl, take some elastic bandages and ramp up your first aid/emergency kit if you are going to be climbing. I believe sprained ankles,broken limbs etc are among the top three reasons people get in deep trouble or mountain rescue needs to be called. Be prepared for a night out there using just what is in your pack.

Its a great hobby to be sure. Welcome to it!

big dog

Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, i have some rock signs that i would like to share, maybe i could get some feedback. Im going to download them into my computer then ill post them, would like to here what anyone has to say about them.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAAaaannn, there sure are a lot of "dogs" in this hunt !!!

Sorry, I just could not resist that. LMAO

Welcome to the forum, big dog. :coffee2:

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
desertmoons said:
palo: that bear/turtle on the northwest side of hill. Nostly west though.
poor farm: ty!

yw kim
DM

If the outline of a head looking left on your rock formation is man made/not a natural...then it may mean 200 measures in that direction. (200 varas, paces, etc.)

Oddrock

Well I bought a brunton and when i get it I will check it out. 200 paces might be right.......well also to the left was a nice map of a larger area,at least thats how I see it.
Thanks

moonie, below is how the site looked before I removed some of the rocks at the top of the plug and slid on down the backfill to floor level.

slid on down the backfill to floor level

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading over these signs and symbols threads and find it very interesting. At first I would of never believed that these formations and such were "signs and symbols" but the more I read the more convinced I am. I just have a quick question which I haven't seen over any of the things I have been reading.
1. How long do these go (distance wise) I mean from the first until the last was there a normal number or does it vary?
2. If you come to the sign say in middle of the overall map its giving you is it possible to follow from that point or do you need the previous "signs and symbols" to follow?
3. If question 2 is you need the previous is it possible to follow backwards to get the ones missed?
4. Last question...Can these be found anywhere or is there only specific areas these were used?

Thank you in advance and if I have missed the answers to any of these questions in previous posts i'm sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread