OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Quote from: jibb on February 16, 2012, 06:41:20 pm
I have been reading over these signs and symbols threads and find it very interesting. At first I would of never believed that these formations and such were "signs and symbols" but the more I read the more convinced I am. I just have a quick question which I haven't seen over any of the things I have been reading.
1. How long do these go (distance wise) I mean from the first until the last was there a normal number or does it vary?
2. If you come to the sign say in middle of the overall map its giving you is it possible to follow from that point or do you need the previous "signs and symbols" to follow?
3. If question 2 is you need the previous is it possible to follow backwards to get the ones missed?
4. Last question...Can these be found anywhere or is there only specific areas these were used?

Thank you in advance and if I have missed the answers to any of these questions in previous posts i'm sorry.

signs are always read from left to right.
they will be visible from the last sign (usually)
each will be visible as the next and there are signs along your way to distinguish the direction of travel. this is a given if the signs are authentic.
Usually the signs are line of site, but this can be a distance of 10 miles
These signs are used all throughout New Spain.

Welcome to the fray and if you have further questions ...
Please feel free to ask.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Basic Spanish signs and symbols you have found

hetty said:
Old Dog and readers. Please note that most of Jesuit markers and deposits where possible are on hillsides. The reason for this is that the best man traps could be set on hill sides after burying their caches at the standard depth of 10 feet. Those of you who would like to obtain only one or two bars at a few feet are only dreamers. Its very difficult to set a man trap physically. So the Jesuits worked out a very cheap plan of using gravity to do there work. Many monuments have a grave like structure just underground on the rising ground .It is a trench usually lined if possible with timber or rocks and about 4.6 inches long and about 2 foot three inches wide. The inside of this trench is usually about several feet deep and they prefer to construct it facing south . There are usually indicators inside the "grave" easily understood which tell you to follow their pointed small rocks, arrows , sea shells or colored sand downwards and forwards at about 45 degrees. To how deep? Dont worry you will never find out. You will be dead caused by weights in the overhead sand burying you.

The Jesuits just paced 45 degrees angle to the right for 3 and a quarter paces and dug straight down, with the sky always above their heads.
The gold is buried in posthole fashion about 1 foot by 1 foot by about 4 foot deep. They buried it in a manner difficult to accidently uncover it. To know if you are on site, probe down several inches. There will be a flat rock, a sea shell, several small grouped stones , in other words something that shouldnt be there.

On the sides of gulleys here in coastal eastern australia they buried silver boxes every 10 feet apart and 10 feet deep about two or three times the size of a cigar box" Edge On" to escape accidental discovery. I once dowsed jewels in one box years ago but all the rest have pearls.
The last dowsing session I had was June 2004. I dowse via sun flares and a partial or full moon for deflection. I invented dowsing rods a hundred times more powerful than conventional l shaped rods In January 2004 which give a clear mental picture of a target for a few seconds. The solar flares that I dowse and dig by come in 11 year cycles and we are in the second year of the present cycle.
Weak flares are gradually commencing , however they are not yet of sufficient strength to dowse and dig by.
If you are interested in dowsing Follow Noaas daily space weather bulletins
Situations vacant I dont need the rods to find gold , I have all the sites I could use for several centuries. What I need is an assistant who can dig or maybe two.
If you live in australia and are interested PM me. Maybe even an electronic expert who can reproduce a gadget that can supply and envelope a complete body with magnetic flux, it does not have to be mobile in my case as I can mentally bring the target to me. With my rods you would be made.
Pic is a 20 strength verical dowsing rod. Its separators nonconductive, its rods are 1/8 aluminium and length is just shy of three feet.

It is held vertically within several inches of your legs to be surrounded by your bodies magnetic aura boosted by sun flares reflected by the unabstructed moon day or night. Good luck.
Max

Yes, I agree and have seen what you have posted and know it to be true. Except with the 10' deep part. I dont dig any deeper than 18". I usually find the flat rock and rebury it.

So you believe there is a stash buried close to these death traps as I do. But not easily found?

If I were to ever go to Austrailia, I would be looking for some of those large nuggets I see in the news.

Can I ask your source of information? I have found most of this by trial and error. It might save me a headache lol.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OD. Playgal, the Spanish didnt worship snakes.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Agreed, the Spanish used the snake as a combination sign for direction and caution.

The first book in the bible says that the devil took the form of a snake.
That would be enough to turn any Spaniard against them.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY OD, I was referring to those who do worship snakes. Before the Spanish. The Spanish did not get all the stuff cleaned up.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mayans and Incas had forms of snake gods. Quasiquotil (or however his name is spelled. :))
was called the Feathered Serpent, among other names. He was also described as being
tall, light skinned, and fair haired.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Shortstack said:
The Mayans and Incas had forms of snake gods. Quasiquotil (or however his name is spelled. :))
was called the Feathered Serpent, among other names. He was also described as being
tall, light skinned, and fair haired.

SS

Just a note for some that might care...The "Spanish" may not have worshiped the snake, but seems to me they did follow his tracks... :laughing9:

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddrock:
That is exactly what my point is. The Spanish were supposedly following the Ancients' trails
and modifying many of their signs and monuments. The meaning of the snakes would easily
be part of that. The snake had ONE meaning for the Ancients; and ANOTHER one for
the Spanish. My previous post was to illustrate the drastic DIFFERENCES in the 2 cultures.
One a symbol of diety and the other a symbol for evil / danger. :coffee2:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You have some cool shadow work going on at your spot, Dog. Thanks for the pictures. My favorite is the winged man.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, TTher:
The hoyo in the first photo has a rifle sight in it's bottom. The last photo has a LOT of carving
and shadow figures. I tagged some
but not ALL. mdog is right about the
winged man and there is a half of a human
head carving at the bottom I tagged. I didn't
call out everything in the pic because it's already
cluttered with just these few things. ;D

nm12112011 406 Merged.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
OK guys, here is my favorite snake.
I'll let you decide if it is Spanish or ancient.

LOL

Attachments

• Little_Dominguez_Canyon_270.jpg
    Little_Dominguez_Canyon_270.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 694
  • Little_Dominguez_Canyon_270.jpg
    Little_Dominguez_Canyon_270.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 648

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog:
That looks like what a very LARGE, ancient hog would have left behind after a big meal. LOL

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your snake is looking for water OD.

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are not as nice looking as OD`s snake. If they are snakes.

Attachments

• 1. NW to opening. rock on top points to cave..jpg
    1. NW to opening. rock on top points to cave..jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 555
  • Snake 037.jpg
    Snake 037.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 1. NW to opening. rock on top points to cave..jpg
    1. NW to opening. rock on top points to cave..jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 548
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Casca said:
Looks like your snake is looking for water OD.

John,
That snake is easily a hundred yards from the creek and pointing away.
The main trail that goes through this canyon is on top of the blackrock, all the same level as the snake.
The creek has cut a path down through the black granite and is in a smaller canyon 150 feet lower.
All to the right of the snake's tail.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Pala Y Pico said:
These are not as nice looking as OD`s snake. If they are snakes.

I have some of these too Mario,
Have found snakes carved into the stones on a couple so I don't think they are snakes as much as directional indicators.
If checked in both directions a set of signs giving more information usually turns up.
always check both directions.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Thom, I THINK that the plug that you find of a V will be near-by or hopeful still in the V, the ones that I have seen are near by so this just a guess on my part but to me its the same as when you find a head thats been knocked off the stuff is gone, if its still intact ( much like when you find a V on the corner of a stone and its still there ) wonderful news perhaps. Thanks Ernie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread