What's new

BIG NUGGETS

IMF2020

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2020
Messages
209
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read a miners notes which are over 100 yrs old . A miner named Walter mentions that the crew of workers found a few nuggets , each nugget being bigger then a beaver am guessing this is over a few months time . My question is where could these nuggets came from ? As far as i know the source has never been found . Just to give you a idea of the area .To the North is a Hard Rock mine a small distance south is a river that runs East to West . More to the South there a mountain approx 1800 meters tall . Then more south there a creek which runs South to West North West in which the nuggets were found . This creek comes from a mountain to the south which is approx 2450 meters tall . The distance from the mine to the nuggets i think is 30 kilometers . Far as a know no big nuggets were ever found in this area . to the south of the creek i heard smaller nuggets were found . Drilling has been done all over the area to a elevation of 1600 meters . Could the vane been overlooked maybe in the creek or did they roll down from above 1600 meters even from the top 2450 meters . Am not a miner but my teacher told me this place has the richest deposit on Earth . Any thoughts would be welcomed . Joke Jeff Williams and slim both know the answer . Yes i know where but i only have a guess from where these beaver came from .
 
maybe a region or state would help narrow it down; there were some big nuggets found in California and Alaska, even a 17 pounder in North Carolina, so.........
 
I think of Australia when I think of big nuggets. Gary
 
CLUE NORTH OF THE EQUATOR
 
My question is where is the vain located ? Does anyone know what area of a mountain most likely where they could of came from am trying to locate what elevation the nearest hard rock mine , main vain was i think below ground to max 3000 feet but am not sure the mine is closed . Remember i know exactly where the nuggets were found .
 
What size really are you referring to?
1 gram or 1000 grams
I have seen nuggets posted up of very recent hunts that are pretty good size, in the 5-11oz size from folks that I have hunted with.
So the big ones are out there still in Alaska/Nevada
 
What would a nugget weight be . bigger then a beaver ..I just looked up what a beaver is a big one in nugget weight my guess is 240 kilo or 528 pounds .. I think some where in the notes one nugget weight was 900 pounds . My teach told me these were the biggest nuggets ever found in the world .
 
Another Clue they lost the biggest nugget in the river from there small boat on there way back to civilization
 
What a coincidence, I too lost all my precious in a boating accident.
 
I guess i found what i was looking for all the answers are in those 4 pages . Placer gold mining found these copper nuggets . It mentioned this place in the notes . Mineral heaven on earth is what my teacher says the pebble mine is to the West and a hardrock gold mine to the East . Just a mountain of copper no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
 
I would take a beaver sized copper nugget; I could use it as a doorstop, like they did with that big nugget in NC until it was discovered to be gold. That was the nugget that started the first gold rush in the US.
 
Steve a photo showed the copper nugget being used as a doorstop and these nuggets started a gold rush in May creek Alaska what i read it grew fast today its a Ghost town
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom