What's new

Big Silver From The AZ Desert!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,894
Reaction score
47,495
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the ghost town where I found the 1899-s dime not long ago hoping for a repeat.
Got better than a repeat when I had a signal that I was sure was an aluminum can and out popped a 1894-s half dollar!
Also got a padlock missing the shank,
a salt jar lid,
part of a ceramic doll,
a clay pipe stem,
some clothing fasteners,
some cartridge shells,
and an ornate little piece of silver.
IMG_0471.webp

IMG_0473.webp


An old cellar;
IMG_0461.webp
IMG_0463.webp


A very large stove;
IMG_0462.webp
 
Upvote 50
That is some sweet big silver! What is the history of this ghost town??
 
That half dollar is in great shape! Nice find!!

I bet someone felt the sting of losing that.
 
Congratulations on the great looking Half Dollar. 👏
My friend, you're having very good luck down there. That half dollar is in very good condition. Congratulations, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your wife and family.
 
NICE Barber half !!!!!! I remember my first one, 1894 O. Congrats !!!!
 
That is some sweet big silver! What is the history of this ghost town??
Thanks!
Rich silver and gold deposits discovered there in 1892. By the time production peaked in 1898 there were around 1,500 residents. Due to scarcity of the water and dwindling ore deposits the town began to decline rapidly.
By 1902 everybody had left.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom