Brandon Rhineharts response to the state

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Guilt trip ? - maybe, but I've noticed that a lot of members here spend a hundred dollars or more on their outings, to collect maybe $50 or less worth of gold.
That's fine - cause its more about the experience than monetary gain. But to pretend everything will work itself out on mining rights issues, without your involvement, is a little irresponsible, imo. On the other hand, a small donation to the cause, say 5% of your weekend expenses, will allow your conscience to be clear, and down the road, no matter what happens, you can say "well, at least I tried".
Merry Xmas everyone - Fullpan.

Kinda embarrassed to say it here guys but this year wasn't good for us mining down here in the desert, Guilt trip worked on me, but it still don't change the fact I am mining for a living i cant afford a pot to piss in !
Merry Xmas All.............

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone needs to stop calling mining a hobby. Its this type of wording that will put an end to mining by individuals like us...

The game was flawed from the beginning and the enviros knew it. It would be like sending out a questionaire to all fisherman (prospectors) and then saying the answers represent those that fish (prospect) for a living. The answers would have come back with many saying they are recreationist fisherman (prospectors), which they are, but it does not fairly address those that make a living at fishing (prospecting) nor would fair laws come out so those making a living at fishing (prospecting) could continue to do so.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Game is rigged - yes, they(the court judges) wouldn't dare shut down the snow-skiing industry by claiming "no irreparable harm, just recreational" or pleasure boating at Tahoe,
saying "no irreparable harm, just recreational" - so much BS.

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2,
Thank you for this information! The address you gave above, did Brandon approve that address for sending support funds in? I just want to confirm the address as this is a good cause to support and I want to make certain that the money is used for Brandon's case. Thank you in advance for the confirmation!..............................63bkpkr

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview2,
Thank you for this information! The address you gave above, did Brandon approve that address for sending support funds in? I just want to confirm the address as this is a good cause to support and I want to make certain that the money is used for Brandon's case. Thank you in advance for the confirmation!..............................63bkpkr

Yes the address that Oakview2 have above is perfect for sending support. I am updated as soon as donations are received. Thanks in advance for your support.

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you Oakview2 for all your support. I do believe we will prevail when we get our day in court. That is what I want for X-mas.

And please don't donate if it means depriving those of you with young kids of a Christmas, I will manage some how.

Brandon Rinehart

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have your attorney set up a PayPal account. If everyone donates monies as a gift PayPal does not charge any fees. Monies then can be withdrawn into a bank account... Then post the Email address and start collecting donations...

Sorry but can not use TN forums to raise funds.

Now what you do via pm is your business but can not use the open forums to raise funds......

TERMS, CONDITIONS, & GUIDELINES Updated November 14th, 2011

Per our Terms of Service and rules...

"You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry but can not use TN forums to raise funds.

Now what you do via pm is your business but can not use the open forums to raise funds......

AMAZING

Was only explaining how to do it. Not posting a donate link... I removed the post... Thx... Biting off the hand that feeds the mouth...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING

Was only explaining how to do it. Not posting a donate link... I removed the post... Thx... Biting off the hand that feeds the mouth...

AZ, you edited your post while I was composing . My post was directed to posts above your post, your post did not have the paypal puctures when I started composing.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ, you edited your post while I was composing . My post was directed to posts above your post, your post did not have the paypal puctures when I started composing.

Your post 48 was directed at me, stating what?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post 48 was directed at me, stating what?

My #48 and your #48 are not the same post as mods see all posts even those deleted by members and mods so post counts are different.

My post was directed at any members trying to raise funds in open form.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amazing, here is a man fighting a battle against our government and the outcome of this fight can have long lasting affects either positive or negative for all of us including this forum. Yet the forum cannot allow the posting of how to donate funds to help win a very important court battle.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, here is a man fighting a battle against our government and the outcome of this fight can have long lasting affects either positive or negative for all of us including this forum. Yet the forum cannot allow the posting of how to donate funds to help win a very important court battle.

AZ, I said you can do it behind the scenes with no issues. It violates our rules to raise funds via the open forum........

Someone can post "PM me on ways to help financially" and they can give them the info that way. What you do via pm is your business as long as someone does not complain.....

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ, I said you can do it behind the scenes with no issues. It violates our rules to raise funds via the open forum........ Someone can post "PM me on ways to help financially" and they can give them the info that way. What you do via pm is your business as long as someone does not complain.....

I bet the environmentalist or anti-hunting groups don’t restrict their members of gathering funds. Like raising monies to purchase hunting tags then allow the tags to sit and rot until the next season. Wake up America our Freedom of Speech is being re written each and everyday. Freedom of speech is understood as a multi-faceted right that includes not only the right to express, or disseminate, information and ideas, but three further distinct aspects:

1. the right to seek information and ideas;
2. the right to receive information and ideas;
3. the right to impart information and ideas

I am out.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the environmentalist or anti-hunting groups don’t restrict their members of gathering funds. Like raising monies to purchase hunting tags then allow the tags to sit and rot until the next season. Wake up America our Freedom of Speech is being re written each and everyday. Freedom of speech is understood as a multi-faceted right that includes not only the right to express, or disseminate, information and ideas, but three further distinct aspects:

1.the right to seek information and ideas;
2.the right to receive information and ideas;
3.the right to impart information and ideas

I am out.....

Az,

We have rules that apply to all. One is no fund raising in open forums I told you how you can do it here behind the scenes....

If we allow one to raise funds we would have to allow all. There is no way to verify how funds are spent or how much is collected. Rule is for safety of all...

TreasureNet is a privately owned forum with public access, ever member here agrees to our TOS and rules when posting here...

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, this might be our best/ last chance to actually mine again.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Az,

We have rules that apply to all. One is no fund raising in open forums I told you how you can do it here behind the scenes....

If we allow one to raise funds we would have to allow all. There is no way to verify how funds are spent or how much is collected. Rule is for safety of all...

TreasureNet is a privately owned forum with public access, ever member here agrees to our TOS and rules when posting here..

You all run a great forum, the size and loyalty of your membership is a true testament of this. We appreciate the level of moderation you've historically provided, especially on some of our more heated topics. However in this instance I feel you are dead wrong. We are fighting a battle that is crucial to the survival of mining as we know it nationwide.

We are a tight community here, when a person that we know comes on and posts a way for us to support our fight. They should be allowed and encouraged to do so. It's not your responsibility to look out for my "safety", that is my responsibility as it's my pocket book. Along with that, as a private forum you have the same means of vetting out a fraudulant fund raising scheme as you do a fraudulent advertiser. Intentional or not your forum represents mining and as such you should provide a means to preserve it.

Maybe you should ask us to PM you for a list of your sponsers and advertisers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per our Terms of Service and rules...

"You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization."

I have already explained how to do this so that it does not violate our rules.....

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got the TOS policy the first couple of times you posted it. As is the usual case speaking (writing) it louder and more often doesn't make it right or better understood.

A poster comes on who most of us know by name, reputation, and deed. He shares an avenue of support for the very reason we come here in the first place. He is subsequently censored and we are given the TOS policy on donations and fundraising.

What is the difference between him asking us for money to preserve mining and you asking us through your advertisers to spend money on mining equipment and such. I see and make no distinction, other then one gives you money for the use of your platform. That being said, how much would it cost to run a collective fundraising advertisement for Brandon Rhinehart, PLP, WMA, and DRA?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread