What's new

Brass objects.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug these four unidentified items about four feet apart. The first is 2 3/8 long widest end 5/8. The second is 2 5/8 four beveled edges. The third is 2 3/4 inches, widest part 11/16, and looks like a small funnel. The fourth is 2 5/8 long and looks like it was busted off of something. These items are all made of brass.
 

Attachments

  • Four unidentified.webp
    Four unidentified.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 850
  • other side.webp
    other side.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 815
  • Four unidentified.webp
    Four unidentified.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 805
  • other side.webp
    other side.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 790
  • Four unidentified.webp
    Four unidentified.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 785
  • other side.webp
    other side.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 798
Cool finds and Great ID's :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Green check :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I know you already have been provided with some very good pictures I wanted to post a couple for you too - just got a new book ;D

Most of the artifacts from these sites date to the French & Indian War ~1754-1763

23wmyav.jpg


2ekqjid.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Hey you cant post that without giving the title!!!!!! :cussing:

How is a book junkie supposed to get a fix if you don't? :laughing9: :laughing9:

Is that the Mullins or the Gale book? I haven't seen either one yet. :icon_study:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I know you already have been provided with some very good pictures I wanted to post a couple for you too - just got a new book ;D

Most of the artifacts from these sites date to the French & Indian War ~1754-1763

23wmyav.jpg


2ekqjid.jpg


I'm not sure about the iron jews harps, especially the one on the right. I think I found a similar item and the bottom was different so wasn't a harp. I've never seen another reference showing a jews harp that looked like that, but I would welcome one if someone can post an example. My friend found what I believe is an iron jews harp but was the typical shape.
 
Upvote 0
HB dug an iron jew's harp this year, and coinmaster 2db dug an half an iron jew's harp last year. But yes, they were all of the typical shape. Not like the large loops on the ones in the photo above...


-Buck
 
Upvote 0
brass tools are used in a gas environment
brass wont spark
some of the items could be brass tools used for gas pipe construction
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
brass tools are used in a gas environment
brass wont spark
some of the items could be brass tools used for gas pipe construction
Brady
[/quote

Its pretty safe to say all of the items are Pre Gas :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
brass tools are used in a gas environment
brass wont spark
some of the items could be brass tools used for gas pipe construction
Brady
I agree with Kugar. These items are before gas pipe and gas tools. Besides we have a positive ID on at least 2 items.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom