Build my own drege pump

wolfthing2000

Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here, a skilled machinist with the gold fever. I have a 5hp wisconsin engine and I want to adapt a pump, Keene I guess. I want to build my own dredge pump.

Any advice or plans or links are greatly appreciated.
I will not be insulted by admitting I know nothing about the dredge principal or how it works. I just want to build one and use it for hobby purpose.

Thanks

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Briggs or honda will do the job much better. Otherwise your stuck with a love-joy connector from engine shaft to pump and must utilize a pedestal pump. Go to keeneengineering.com and look at pedestal vs direct drive as that a way air--which is mandatory--is 1/100th the hastle. FIRST though the EPA is unleashing their USA wide draconian dredge regs early next year so wait till ya spend a cent. Also educate as to your own states insane regs/rules/permits/plans/exclusions/NOI/POO to prevent any delusions---then proced educated. Lotza luck

Attachments

• 3-1-2009 11;43;59 am.jpg
    3-1-2009 11;43;59 am.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 134

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say what?? Someone on the cliff side ? Took out my magnifying glass ol' Friend and still see nuttn' nowheres even hiding n' the bushes?? You must mean thisn' thang as found that day

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 103

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser - I like the older Triple Beam type scale with the balance weights! I think your pile there would overload most electronic scales and i don't know
if they have a "TILT" option. I'm guessing 3 to 4 pounds - close?

wolfthing - what John says about the bans on dredging is probably going to happen; the enviros have way too much power, and
the result being about 5,000 dredges going to rust and the scrap heap on the west coast.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually old chinese opium scale from 1684 and accurate to only 0.01 . I collect scales,tooo many, and newest one accurate to 0.0001 as under glass and sooooooo cool. Pharmacological and even uv protected colored glass also . John PS-luv poundage days of old when miners were bold :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread