🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Buried silver cache found

skateteacher

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t normally post much here but I do like to frequent it here to read as there are always a great variety of stories related to all things treasure. I wanted to share what was/is probably the best detecting/ treasure hunting day of my career. I’m using an iPad so forgive the poor sentence structure and the fact I’m going to copy most of my post from another site that I made yesterday. Anyhow enough of the pre talk let’s get to it.

I'm a member of ringfinders and I got a call this week I just had to share with everyone. I got a call about about a buried stash of silver in a backyard. According to what I was told, Grandpa had buried a stash of silver coins in the backyard and had only revealed that he had two weeks prior to his death. I was given the areas to hunt (1.8 acre property), but no idea what if anything was containing these coins in terms of container. I was pulling beer can after beer can and nail after nail I got a solid 16 tone on the Nox and I dug it. Turned out it was a 36" pipe that made thetell-tale sound of having something in it. Long story short we had to cut the pipeopen and when we did it was awesome. A find of a lifetime, a cache of silver coins.

Needless to say this was a life changing event for all of us. For me I have spent all my adult life looking for treasure and I found it in my God, my wife and my kids but never really buried in dirt until yesterday. It was getting late so I didn’t have a chance to do any key date searching with them as it was an hour and a half drive back. Several Morgan’s were 1882 so I’m hoping there’s an 1883 in there.

The coins were stacked by section, the silver dollars were in the first 12 inches, halves and quarters the next 12 inches and barbers, mercs and Rosie’s in the last 12 inches.
Im not posting to brag but rather to encourage because if you don’t dig you won’t find. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until Sunday lol. I can’t stop thinking about it.

Best to all and I hope all your scoops and shovels strike gold or silver!

Attachments

• 6698EEE8-3072-491E-9134-E9CF40BA340A.jpeg
    6698EEE8-3072-491E-9134-E9CF40BA340A.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 826
  • A422DBDA-EFC3-4D96-B734-F0C52FA753C6.jpeg
    A422DBDA-EFC3-4D96-B734-F0C52FA753C6.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 903
Upvote 63
Oh wow, congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Freaking Amazing!!!!!!!!:occasion14::headbang::hello2: Honorable Mention Vote Here!:skullflag:

Heck, I'll be dreaming about that find! VERY NICE INDEED!
Wonder how many pipes like that have been detected but not dug? Gotta be a number higher than zero, imo.
Congratulations!

just wow,keep checking there mite be more.
brad

Thanks for all the kind comments. It was awesome to see all those coins pour out of it. It does make you wonder how many other caches/stash's we've all passed on over the years because they didn't fit the mold of what we thought it would or should look like. It's for moments like these we have to remember that to really find it all we have to dig it all.

That’s an awesome find , so do you get to keep them all or was it somebody else’s property? Also would love to see some close up pics when you clean them up

I vow to dig all giant metal pipes out of the ground ;)

That’s what I call a lifetime memory

That’s an awesome find , so do you get to keep them all or was it somebody else’s property? Also would love to see some close up pics when you clean them up

I wish. I was hired to find the stash for the homeowners. I cautioned them to not clean any of the coins so they could check the dates. She offered me some of the coins but I declined because they were set aside by her dad for them and I wanted them to enjoy them all.

What in the holy dirt fishing God's that is sweet

Congrats!
What was the coin count?
or, face value of the hoard??
Thanks for sharing!

WOW now that coin shooting!!!!!

That's an awesome find, congratulations.
Am I understanding that they let you keep them?

Skateteach, Congrats to you in the finding of the Silver Cache for this family, and for allowing them to enjoy all the coins set aside for them by their Dad. More good things to come your way. Outstanding all the way around.

I'm gonna need one of those and some more buckets amazing that's Honorable mention and banner hanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back