🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Buried silver cache found

skateteacher

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t normally post much here but I do like to frequent it here to read as there are always a great variety of stories related to all things treasure. I wanted to share what was/is probably the best detecting/ treasure hunting day of my career. I’m using an iPad so forgive the poor sentence structure and the fact I’m going to copy most of my post from another site that I made yesterday. Anyhow enough of the pre talk let’s get to it.

I'm a member of ringfinders and I got a call this week I just had to share with everyone. I got a call about about a buried stash of silver in a backyard. According to what I was told, Grandpa had buried a stash of silver coins in the backyard and had only revealed that he had two weeks prior to his death. I was given the areas to hunt (1.8 acre property), but no idea what if anything was containing these coins in terms of container. I was pulling beer can after beer can and nail after nail I got a solid 16 tone on the Nox and I dug it. Turned out it was a 36" pipe that made thetell-tale sound of having something in it. Long story short we had to cut the pipeopen and when we did it was awesome. A find of a lifetime, a cache of silver coins.

Needless to say this was a life changing event for all of us. For me I have spent all my adult life looking for treasure and I found it in my God, my wife and my kids but never really buried in dirt until yesterday. It was getting late so I didn’t have a chance to do any key date searching with them as it was an hour and a half drive back. Several Morgan’s were 1882 so I’m hoping there’s an 1883 in there.

The coins were stacked by section, the silver dollars were in the first 12 inches, halves and quarters the next 12 inches and barbers, mercs and Rosie’s in the last 12 inches.
Im not posting to brag but rather to encourage because if you don’t dig you won’t find. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until Sunday lol. I can’t stop thinking about it.

Best to all and I hope all your scoops and shovels strike gold or silver!

Attachments

• 6698EEE8-3072-491E-9134-E9CF40BA340A.jpeg
    6698EEE8-3072-491E-9134-E9CF40BA340A.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 816
  • A422DBDA-EFC3-4D96-B734-F0C52FA753C6.jpeg
    A422DBDA-EFC3-4D96-B734-F0C52FA753C6.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 63

Flowinghair

Apr 4, 2019
Mojave
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow, congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking Amazing!!!!!!!!:occasion14::headbang::hello2: Honorable Mention Vote Here!:skullflag:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Heck, I'll be dreaming about that find! VERY NICE INDEED!
Wonder how many pipes like that have been detected but not dug? Gotta be a number higher than zero, imo.
Congratulations!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
just wow,keep checking there mite be more.
brad

OP
OP
S

skateteacher

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the kind comments. It was awesome to see all those coins pour out of it. It does make you wonder how many other caches/stash's we've all passed on over the years because they didn't fit the mold of what we thought it would or should look like. It's for moments like these we have to remember that to really find it all we have to dig it all.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an awesome find , so do you get to keep them all or was it somebody else’s property? Also would love to see some close up pics when you clean them up

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vow to dig all giant metal pipes out of the ground ;)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s what I call a lifetime memory

OP
OP
S

skateteacher

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an awesome find , so do you get to keep them all or was it somebody else’s property? Also would love to see some close up pics when you clean them up

I wish. I was hired to find the stash for the homeowners. I cautioned them to not clean any of the coins so they could check the dates. She offered me some of the coins but I declined because they were set aside by her dad for them and I wanted them to enjoy them all.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What in the holy dirt fishing God's that is sweet

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!
What was the coin count?
or, face value of the hoard??
Thanks for sharing!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW now that coin shooting!!!!!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find, congratulations.
Am I understanding that they let you keep them?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Skateteach, Congrats to you in the finding of the Silver Cache for this family, and for allowing them to enjoy all the coins set aside for them by their Dad. More good things to come your way. Outstanding all the way around.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna need one of those and some more buckets amazing that's Honorable mention and banner hanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread