What's new

Cable Splicing Axe ?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
5,648
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cable spicing axe.webp

Each end unique, and each face has a purpose, as well….,
but, really, what is it?
Anyone?
 
It is very cool.But no idea, except the 7 protrusions on the one side might be a wrench for barrel lids?Don't know.Maybe from Prohibition Era?
 
Upvote 0
That is a neat one. Is it that small or do you have huge hands?
 
Upvote 0
That is a neat one. Is it that small or do you have huge hands?

I didn't do the photos, its a former cable guy's guess, too...!
Yeah, never seem or heard of one before.
The sharp end does look like a marlin spike, too - for splicing wire strands
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That’s really cool!! Never seen one like that and I have an axe fetish, I hope someone here can identify it for you
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom